Apollo Tools DT5010P Traditional Storage Tool Box
Last updated date: January 14, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tool Boxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tool Box you should buy.
Update as January 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Tool Box for a detailed review of all the top tool boxes.
In our analysis of 60 expert reviews, the Apollo Tools Traditional Storage Tool Box placed 10th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our new 2-drawer heavy-duty steel chest premiered at the 2019 National Hardware show to rave reviews. This stylish metal case is ideal for storage, Transport, and organization. The sleek design fits in so many places — in garages, workshops, kitchens, even bathrooms and bedrooms. Produced it at a competitive price without sacrifice of quality.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tool Boxes
No garage is complete without a tool box. This handy device keeps important tools at the ready, should your sink spring a leak or your car need an oil change. While a good set of tools may cost you a little money up front, you’ll save thousands of dollars over the years by not having to pay a professional, as labor costs are often much more than the price of any necessary parts.
Keep in mind the number of tools you need to store as you search the available tool boxes on the market. You’ll find tool boxes come in a variety of sizes with a number of different storage compartments. One model may have three drawers and a shelf underneath the handle, while another comes built with 21 pockets and eight belts.
Look at the construction material next, as you don’t want to invest your money in a tool box that won’t stand the test of time. A 600D polyester fabric that is waterproof and abrasion-resistant is a good choice if you’re looking for a portable bag. 16-gauge steel with a black powder coat finish is more ideal if you want a tool chest that is going to remain in one spot in your garage.
Check to see if the tool box comes with any special safety features. This is especially important if you take your tool box to a job site every day. You may come across a model with a steel latch with an oversized padlock eye, which can be secured using either a zip tie or a padlock, or a model that has a keyed lock with two keys.
Consider any extra features that add value to the tool box. For example, a tool bag with adjustable shoulder straps makes carrying the bag much easier, while a box with an inner tray that has a handle in the center lets you quickly move a few essential tools around without having to lift the entire chest. Some tool boxes can even be used for other purposes, such as storing craft supplies or making a first aid kit.
The Tool Box Buying Guide
- If you opt for a few stackable tool chests, you can transport them all at once if you purchase a handcart separately. Otherwise, you’ll need to carry each tool box one at a time.
- Pay attention to the weight of the items you load in the tool box, you don’t want to make the box so heavy that you can’t carry it.
- Consider adding a foam liner to the drawers in your tool box. Start off tracing each tool over the liner where you want it to go. Cut the shapes and out install the liner. Set each tool in its designated place. The tools will now be surrounded by foam, which will not only protect the tools, but also keep them from sliding around the tool box during transport.
- When organizing your tool box, it’s helpful if you keep similar items grouped together. Then when you need a specific tool, you won’t have to spend unnecessary time hunting for it.
- Keep your tool box clean. You can wipe it down with grease-fighting dish soap and some hot water, as long as you dry it thoroughly afterward to prevent any rust from forming on the metal parts. If one area is extremely oily, you can use a bit of paint thinner to get it up.
- Size, design and construction material all play a role in the overall price of a tool box. The more basic models are among the most affordable tool boxes. You’ll pay a moderate price for the GANCHUN Folding 3-Layer Plastic Tool Box with the highest price tag going to the DEWALT Tstak Deep Tool Box.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide