Amazon Basics Brass & Steel Door Hardware & Deadbolt Locks
Last updated date: October 20, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Door Hardware & Locks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Door Hardware & Lock you should buy.
Update as November 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Door Hardware & Locks for a detailed review of all the top door hardware & locks.
This simple and elegant doorknob set is made with brass and steel. It features an adjustable latch and includes both a deadbolt and doorknob. The set also comes with four keys. Get it in different colors.
In our analysis, the Amazon Basics Amazon Basics Brass & Steel Door Hardware & Deadbolt Locks placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Perfect for any room in the house, the doorknob set offers smooth, efficient, secure operation and long-lasting performance. Enhance the look of your home with your choice of styles and finishes available. Featuring a brass body and steel internal structure, the set is built to last and offers easy functionality for the whole family. The Amazon Basics doorknob set includes rounded steel faceplate and strike, and a zinc alloy latch bolt.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Door Hardware & Locks
If you want to keep your loved ones and valuables safe at home, it’s vital to ensure you have a strong and reliable door lock and associated hardware. Not only that, but the lock needs to be convenient and easy to use, so locking and unlocking your door doesn’t feel like a burden.
You’ll find several types of door hardware and locks available. Conventional locks, which are what you think of when you picture a locking system for your door, still remain ubiquitous. They don’t have any fancy features, but although they are pretty basic they’re designed to keep your door secure. Some conventional door locks are drillproof models while others are basically a deadbolt. Many conventional door locks are re-keyable as well.
Often, electronic door looks feature a keypad that requires a numeric code to open the lock. While these offer the advantage of keyless entry, electronic door locks don’t have the fancy features of a smart lock.
Smart door locks offer much more than just a barrier to entry on your front door. They often have multiple features including remote control, voice control, access logs and geo-fencing. Smart locks typically require Wi-Fi access to operate, although some also use Bluetooth.
While smart locks appear to be sophisticated, they are still susceptible to forced entry and even digital hacks. Plus, they are more costly than conventional and electronic locks. However, you can use retrofitted smart locks if you want to keep your deadbolt intact while utilizing smart lock features.
The Door Hardware & Lock Buying Guide
- Many consumers value the DIY re-keying feature some smart locks offer. This allows you to get new physical keys for your lock without hiring a locksmith. Re-keyable locks come with specific instructions, tools and a master key which you can use to reset the key required for the lock. This is especially handy if you want to use one key for all your exterior doors.
- If you have multiple people enter your home at different times, such as cleaners or maintenance workers, you can create virtual keys with smart locks. The keys can be used indefinitely or for a specific period of time. Also, you can track which key was used to enter the home.
- What good is a strong lock if you have a weak door? If you’re changing your door hardware and locks for security reasons, be sure to pay special attention to your door — especially if it has a hollow core. If the door is weak, it may give way before the lock does, allowing someone to enter your home using simple brute strength.
- Door hardware and locks provide security, but they also make a design statement. Typically, they are available in black, silver or gold colors, so consider which would look best with your home. Some people match their exterior hardware to that on the inside. Others are just concerned with matching all exterior hardware and locks. Black door hardware has a minimalist and modern look, while silver looks clean and edgy. Gold provides a more traditional aesthetic.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide