Air King 9723 Impact-Resistant Commercial Grade Box Fan, 20-Inch
Last updated date: January 13, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Box Fans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Box Fan you should buy.
Update as January 6, 2022:
Checkout The Best Box Fan for a detailed review of all the top box fans.
Featuring a knob on top with three speeds, this 20-inch box fan comes in white and has a long, 8-foot cord. The grills are impact-resistant so that the blades don't get damaged.
In our analysis, the Air King Air King Impact-Resistant Commercial Grade Box Fan, 20-Inch placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Air King 9723 20-Inch 3-Speed Box Fan is great for use in any area where space is limited, such as offices, kitchens, beauty salons, toll booths and stores. The fan has impact-resistant grills to protect the blades for long-lasting durability. The rotary switches located on the top allow you to turn the fan on or off and change between (3) speeds. The 1/25-horsepower permanently lubricated motor provides a quiet performance and produces a lot of air flow. Also found on the fan are (2) 120-volt outlets to allow the connection of other appliances and tools. Additionally, this fan is OSHA approved and a 8-foot, 3-conductor type SPT power cord is provided for long reach. Measures 20.5-inches long by 6.375-inches wide by 23.625-inches high and weighs 12.8-pounds. The Air King 9145 6-Inch 2-Speed Clip-On Fan comes with a 1-year limited warranty. Air King offers a full line of industrial grade and commercial grade air circulating fan solutions to meet almost any need you might have. Whether your need is in industrial settings such as manufacturing plants and warehouses or more commercial setting such as offices, schools or hospitals - Air King has the perfect solution for you. Powerful motors that last for years and years are what Air King's Air Circulators have come to been know as and we are not stopping now.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Box Fans
Whether you want to circulate cool air in the summer or warm air in winter, a simple box fan can help make you feel more comfortable in your home and may even help you save on your heating and cooling costs. This device offers flexibility in that you can easily use it in any area of your home as well as put it on the floor or insert it into a window. You’ll also find a box fan convenient as it’s easy to pick up and carry around.
When shopping for a box fan, consider the size since this affects how big of a room the fan can circulate air in. You’ll find 20-inch and 21-inch box fans most common, as they can work for a room that might measure 12 feet by 12 feet. Smaller 8-inch and 10-inch box fans might sit on a desk or table to cool a small area where you’re working in a room.
You’ll find that box fans usually have knobs either on the top or on the front so that you can control how powerfully the air moves. At a minimum, you can expect two options for high and low, but you might consider a three-speed fan with low, medium and high options for added flexibility. Consider the knob positioning, especially if you want to use the fan in a window, since having the knob on top can be less convenient in that situation.
The more powerful the box fan is, the louder it might sound as it runs. So, you might want to check for models with a low decibel rating if you’d prefer a quiet fan in your home.
You should also consider the fan’s color and other features in your purchase decision. While most box fans you find will be white or gray in color, colors like red, blue and black are also available from some makers. You can also find box fans with features like a remote control or impact-resistant grille.
The Box Fan Buying Guide
- Lightweight box fans can tip over if you don’t put them on the right kind of surface. So, make sure the floor under the fan is even and use any attachable feet the fan came with to improve stability. You can also try putting the fan on a rug.
- If your box fan rattles, the problem often stems from buildup on the blades, so giving it a good cleaning can help. It could also mean the fan has some loose screws or sits on an uneven surface, so make sure the screws seem tight and that the fan doesn’t wobble on the floor.
- Check the directions on how to clean the box fan and always make sure you unplug the fan before cleaning it. The cleaning process often means removing some screws so you can take off the front cover. You can then use a towel or even vacuum to clean the dust and dirt off the fan’s components before you reassemble everything.
- Using box fans on your home’s first floor can offer the best results for making your home feel cooler. You can get better results by putting them in the window rather than placing them on the floor in this situation. If you use fans on a higher floor, put them on the floor rather than in the windows.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide