adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe
Last updated: October 27, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Women's Running Shoes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Women's Running Shoe you should buy.
Your feet will feel snug in these shoes with a cloudfoam memory sock liner and a rubber sole. These running shoes provide good support during physical activity.In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the adidas Women's Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Explore your surroundings. These adidas running-inspired shoes feature a foot-hugging knit upper and a female-friendly fit. Soft midsole cushioning adds comfort as you head out for coffee or discover a busy side street. 100% Textile. Imported. Rubber sole. Platform measures approximately 0-3 inches. Boot opening measures approximately 6-12 inches around. Women’s specific fit, Cloudfoam memory sockliner and textile lining.
Our Expert Consultant
Certified Personal Trainer, Health and Wellness Expert
Stephanie Mansour, host of “Step It Up with Steph” on public broadcasting, has been coaching women for over a decade on how to lose weight and make it last. She has a Bachelor of Arts in communications with an emphasis on women’s studies and psychology from the University of Michigan. She holds certifications in life coaching, personal training, yoga and Pilates.
Women's Running Shoe Rankings
Good support is essential if you spend significant time running each week. You’ll need a shoe that flexes with your foot, supporting your body whether your heel or forefoot is touching the ground. That means shopping for a running shoe will be a completely different experience than choosing a shoe for walking or everyday wear.
Certified personal trainer and Step It Up With Steph founder Stephanie Mansour says you’ll want to make sure your new running shoes can support you on a wide array of terrains.
“Similar to a walking shoe, you should look for comfort in a running shoe,” she says. “However, instead of simply trying on the shoe and walking around, I’d recommend actually running in the shoe and, if possible, trying to walk uphill or on an incline and then also downhill to see how the shoe bends and supports your feet!”
According to Mansour, the best way to ensure a comfortable fit is to have a thumb’s-width distance between the tip of your big toe and the edge of the shoe.
“Also, in the middle of your foot and arch, do you feel like your foot is being held by the shoe?” Mansour says. “You want to feel like someone is holding their hand around the middle of your foot and it feels secure and safe. Finally, make sure there’s no slipping at the back of the shoe at the heel.”
In addition to comfort and support, you should also consider breathability when searching for the right running shoe. You’ll be shifting your weight from your heel to your arch to the ball of your foot, so it’s important to find a shoe that provides support at each point. This support will help not only your feet but also your body’s joints.
Breathability is also important in a running shoe. Runners are especially vulnerable to athlete’s foot, a condition that can be uncomfortable and difficult to treat. Prevention is the best option, and for runners, that means wearing non-cotton socks and shoes that are built for breathability. For daily runners, it could help to have two pairs of running shoes on hand at all times to let one pair dry out for 48 hours before wearing it again.
Lastly, there’s the issue of aesthetics. You’ll want a pair of running shoes that looks good, even if you only wear them for your daily run. Some shoes come in a wide range of colors and patterns to help you customize your look. Shop around until you find a pair that fits your personal preferences in every area.
- When your running shoes are comfortable, it gives you one more reason to keep going, even when you feel as though you’re out of energy. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe uses a memory foam sock liner and a stretchy mesh upper to support your foot while also keeping it comfortable the entire time you’re wearing it. T
- Look for an outsole that absorbs shock to minimize the impact to your feet as you run. A padded heel collar around the ankle is also a plus, as it keeps the shoe from rubbing against your skin.
- Consider a gel cushioning system that keeps your foot comfortable throughout the transition from heel to toe, while also providing relief to your joints, including your knees.
- Sizing plays an important role in your shoe of choice, but fit can vary dramatically from one person to another. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe has been reported as too wide by some with narrow feet, while the toe box in other brands been reported as too narrow by runners.
- Support may be even more important than comfort, especially if you put a lot of running miles on your shoes. Look for a pair that is built to support runners, combining an ultra-lightweight midsole that both cushions and stabilizes the foot while you run. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe, on the other hand, is ideal for light runners, rather than for someone who pounds the pavement for hours each week.
- Moisture buildup can become a problem with athletic footwear, particularly if your feet tend to sweat. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe is built with breathability in mind. This will keep moisture at a minimum and help your feet dry out more quickly if you do sweat.
- If you’re concerned about occasionally needing to clean your shoes, the Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe is easy to clean.
- Appearance is also important, particularly if you wear your running shoes while running errands or hanging out with friends on weekends. The Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe offers two dozen color options.