The Best Cotton Dress
We looked at the top 14 Cotton Dresses and dug through the reviews from 40 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best Cotton Dresses.
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
There is nothing quite like slipping into a summer dress during the warm, sunny months of the season. Summer dresses often come with a sense of effortless style, where you don’t really need to think about how to accessorize your outfit. Many summer dresses can be worn for a multitude of occasions, whether you’re running to the store, going to a party or heading out for lunch. The versatility and style of summer dresses are what make them such a popular staple in many women’s closets.
Trends in summer dresses change from year to year. These days, one of the most important style features to watch for in your summer dresses is the pattern. Cute polka dots and bold florals are all the rage. You will see summer dresses with multicolored small polka dots on plain white or red backgrounds. Large floral prints in tropical colors are also very popular.
In terms of the shape of the dress, there is a movement that is inspired by the flowy lines of the 1960s and 1970s. Long summer dresses with lots of movement are popular, hearkening a sense of free-spiritedness. Another design element you’ll see is fanciful sleeves. Summer dresses with puffy shoulders or billowy sleeves are on-trend. Statement sleeves add a new level of elegance and style to the simple summer dress.
The most popular colors on the runway in the summer are bright tangerine, cheerful blues and stark whites. If you want to remain in style these days, choose a summer dress that is a bold color. The entire dress doesn’t have to be one solid color. Patterns are still in style and can be combined with pops of colors. If you want to wear white, then a plain white summer dress is on-trend. Be sure to accessorize with a white hat, shoes and purse.
Our Picks For The Top Cotton Dresses
- 1. R.Vivimos Women’s Long Sleeve Cotton Dress
- 2. TINYHI Women’s Swing Cotton Dress
- 3. HUSKARY Women’s Summer Maxi Cotton Dress
- 4. OUGES Women’s Sleeved Cotton Dress
- 5. Daily Ritual Women’s Lived-In Cotton Dress
- 6. HAOMEILI T-Shirt Dress with Pockets
- 7. BTFBM Ruched Mini Dress
- 8. ECOWISH Tie Front Dress
- 9. QIXING Cold Shoulder Dress with Pockets
- 10. Unbranded Sleeveless Dress with Pockets
- 11. KORSIS T-Shirt Dress with Pockets
- 12. Angashion Spaghetti Strap Dress with Pockets
- 13. BELONGSCI Bell Sleeve Shift Dress
- 14. VETIOR Vintage A-line Dress
Women's Long Sleeve Cotton Dress
This Cotton/Polyester/Spandex blend sweater dress is subtly sexy. The mini length falls high on the thighs, making it perfect to wear alone or pair with leggings, tight pants or high boots. Lantern sleeves and a round neckline add interest.
Flattering Tied WaistThe R.Vivimos Women's Long Sleeve Cotton Dress is a sweater dress with a figure-complimenting tie.
Women's Swing Cotton Dress
This soft cotton swing dress is perfect for casual wear. The fabric has stretch and the style is made to be loose and flowy, which is ideal on a summer day. Pair it with leggings to enjoy the swaying shift all year long.
Comfy, Casual and CuteThe TINYHI Women's Swing Cotton Dress is simple, soft and sweet.
Women's Summer Maxi Cotton Dress
Made from 95% Cotton and 5% Spandex, this maxi is soft and breathable with just the right amount of stretch. With relaxed short sleeves, a fun side split and two functional pockets, you'll want to live in this dress. Wear at is when hanging out or dress it up for a party.
Laid Back MaxiYou'll want to wear the stylish and cozy HUSKARY Women's Summer Maxi Cotton Dress everywhere.
Women's Sleeved Cotton Dress
This midi, cinch-waisted dress is flattering on all shapes and sizes. The decorative buttons along the entire front of the dress are an adorable addition that make the outfit perfect for work or play. The bottom is flowy and feminine.
Button-down Skater DressThe OUGES Women's Long Sleeve Cotton Dress is feminine and classic.
Why we recommend these cotton dresses?
Expert Reviews Included
User Opinions Analyzed
Our experts reviewed the top 14 Cotton Dresses and also dug through the reviews from 40 of the most popular review sites including and more. The result is a ranking of the best of the best Cotton Dresses.
DWYM is your trusted roduct review source. Our team reviews thousands of product reviews from the trusted top experts and combines them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
What to Look For
- One of the most important elements to consider when selecting a summer dress is the length. For many women, a long, flowy dress that comes down to the ankles is the clear choice. It provides a sense of nostalgic elegance. For others, a short summer dress that comes above the knees is the better option. These kind of dresses are often playful, cheery and fun. They are also easier to move around in. Choose what works well with your personal style.
- The shape and style of the dress is a critical purchasing factor. For many shoppers, it’s important to purchase a dress that suits their body type and personal style, in addition to aligning with current fashion trends.
- The right fabric is key for a good summer dress. You don’t want anything too heavy or bulky that will make you sweat. On the other hand, you also don’t want something that’s too lightweight. Those dresses can be see-through or can fly up easily when there is a breeze.
- The color and pattern of your summer dress are a reflection of your personal style. When summer dresses are available in many color options, you have the ability to find just the right one for you.
Cotton Dress Rankings
More to Explore
Did you know that the summer dress’s history is related to a juice stain? It’s a fascinating story. Sundresses first came into fashion in America in the 1950s.
Lilly Pulitzer, who was a New York fashionista and socialite, opened a juice stand in Palm Beach, Florida. It was 1958, and the heiress was newly married and had just had a baby. She felt she was having a mental breakdown and had checked herself into a treatment facility. Once examined by the doctors there, she was told there was nothing wrong with her, and that she needed a hobby.
Her husband had an orchard, and so she decided to use the fruit to make juice. However, she kept staining her dresses while squeezing oranges. As a result, she asked her seamstress to make her a dress that would hide the juice stains. That’s where the brightly colored and patterned summer dress trend began. Lilly also wanted the dresses to be unfitted, unlike the style at the time, so she could keep cool in the summer heat.
Soon Lilli got into the dress business, instead of the juice business. Once first lady Jackie Kennedy was photographed wearing one of Lilli’s polka dot shift dresses, the trend really took off.