Zulay Kitchen High Powered Milk Frother
Last updated date: May 3, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Milk Frothers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Milk Frother you should buy.
Update as May 3, 2023:
Checkout The Best Milk Frother for a detailed review of all the top milk frothers.
Skip the coffee shop and make a delicious cappuccino or hot chocolate at home with this milk frother. The frother features a sturdy stainless steel whisk, an ergonomic handle and an easy on/off swtich. It even comes with a stand for storage on any countertop or cabinet shelf.
In our analysis of 122 expert reviews, the Zulay Kitchen High Powered Milk Frother placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Milk Frother by Zulay Kitchen works great and for a long time to make wonderful lattes Treat yourself with a made-at-home latte or cappuccino any morning right in your own kitchen. Save the drive to the coffee shop and get your foamy perfect coffee in the comfort of your own kitchen. Surprise guests or your spouse with your newly found barista skills. mistletoe christmas stocking stuffer warm drink coffee hot chocolate cocoa coco drink Beautiful and Smooth, Rich Coffee While we cannot always achieve our #PinterestGoals you can get pretty darn close if you have the right tools. The Zulay MilkBoss packs a powerful punch that can turn ordinary milk into foamy perfection, even enough for latte art. It can also work to mix up your bulletproof coffee with butter, MCT oil or other keto drink mixes you decide to make in your mornings or whenever you want to have some fun frothing. simple one button battery operated functioning milk frother for home and kitchen for any occasion Easy Battery-Operated Function That Doesn’t Hurt Your Wallet The Zulay MilkBoss was designed with all of your needs in mind. It operates quietly on batteries and can stay on your kitchen counter for many many lattes in the morning or frappes when you most need it. Its long-lasting motor is also built with budget in mind, you can have the wonderful convenience of this luxury frother without the luxury cost. matcha mix tea powder milk frother shaker mini mixer easy to clean frother for milk soy almond creamer frothing pitcher matcha kerrygold butter mct oil bullet proof Froths Milk and So Much More: You can mix hot chocolate, matcha tea, bulletproof coffee, protein powders, chai tea, whipping egg whites, mixing green powders. This milk frother also can work with soy, almond or coconut milks and creamers. The stand is beautiful and many people prefer to leave it out on the counter as decoration because of its sleekness. The whisk cleans in seconds: simply turn on the frother while under water or inside a glass of hot water to clean. The ergonomic smooth base is not meant to be immersed in water, so keep the cleaning to the whisk. Perfect Companion to Our Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher: At Zulay Kitchen we focus on product quality and you can count on us to bring you products that we use ourselves in our own kitchens. Our Frothing Pitcher is a great next move to take your milk frothing skills to the next level.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Milk Frothers
Anyone who doubts the appeal of the mighty latte should try to drive a couple of miles in just about any town and avoid seeing a Starbucks. It’s not just marketing that made the latte (and its airier sibling, the cappuccino) a hit among post-1980s American coffee drinkers. The sublime layering of espresso, milk and froth makes a tasty team that can appeal to almost anyone, even on hot days.
Of course, the novel ingredient in that mix is froth. It adds a crucial bit of lightness and hint of bubbly texture to the drink, and it’s a big reason why most of us keep dropping by the local coffee shop. After all, who has time to foam up their own milk?
Apologies to our favorite barista, but the answer is just about anybody can if they want to. There are milk frothers on the market to suit nearly every need, budget and level of beverage obsession. And with a bit of practice, you can use them to make your own lattes and cappuccinos just like the ones at your favorite café.
Frothing milk does not involve any complex chemical transformation. Agitate the milk to add air bubbles and voila: You’ve got froth. This can be done while the milk is hot or cold, and there are a few basic types of frothers that can accomplish it.
Handheld frothers are the simplest in design and also generally some of the cheapest. They include a whisk attached to a long handle and a motor to vibrate the whisk. They’re mostly battery-operated, which allows for plenty of mobility and control over the whole process.
Manual frothers look a lot like a French press but use the filter mechanism in a completely different way. To froth milk, you pour it into a carafe, then plunge a specially-designed filter down through the liquid, then up and down again, as many times as is necessary. With each plunge, the filter pushes and stirs more air into the milk while a lid keeps the entire process from spilling onto your counter.
Some manual frothers might incorporate a heating mechanism, but you’ll usually have to warm things up yourself — either at the beginning or end of the process, depending on instructions. This can seem like a chore, but it’s a great way to work up a nice, thick head of long-lasting foam. And since there’s typically no electrical components to worry about, the cleanup is super easy. Manual frothers tend to be roughly the same price as handheld frothers, though fancier models with sturdier materials might run a few dollars more.
The third type of frother is referred to as automatic or electric. As the name implies, they’re tailor-made for busy latte lovers. Just pour the milk into the frother, push a button and wait. Thanks to a high-speed whisk inside, you typically won’t need to wait long, and most models will heat your milk at the same time. Though convenient to use, certain parts on these items may be harder to clean. Still, for on-the-spot drinks, they’re hard to beat.
No matter what type of frother you choose, they’re all bound to make your morning cup of joe a lot more luxurious — and they’re just as great at whipping up hot chocolate, too.
The Milk Frother Buying Guide
- The first thing that health-conscious or allergy-prone latte drinkers will notice about frothing milk at home is that it requires a bit more work. Whole or 2% milk usually foams up quickly and stays thick well after the pour, if done correctly. Non-fat or skim milk might bubble up quickly, but the froth won’t be as thick. Soy milk, almond milk or other non-dairy alternatives will heat up fine, but just don’t hold the bubbles as well. Those beautiful hearts, birds and other mini-paintings you see baristas making in their latte art? Chances are good they were drawn in whole milk. Until science gets around to finding a solution, the healthier milk options aren’t as ideal for froth — though some high-powered frothers can make the most of them.
- Those in the market for a frother will probably know this already, but the difference between a latte and a cappuccino is in the foam. Lattes are chiefly espresso and steamed milk, with a bit of foam on top. Cappuccinos are equal parts of all three. If you’re going to make the latter, get a frother that can deliver plenty of thickness. (And if you’re able to digest it, use whole milk.)
- For some, fresh cappuccino at home is a luxury to enjoy solo, maybe on weekends. For others, it’ll be a joy to be shared with the entire family or a gaggle of friends at parties. If you’re making drinks for others regularly, consider capacity. Handheld frothers can be great for individual cups but will take a lot longer for a large pot of milk. Latte parties are a job for manual frothers or larger electric models.
- Another area where handheld frothers really shine is the cleanup process. With fewer parts and (usually) no delicate electrical components to worry about, they will rinse right off in soapy water after use. Automatic models are largely at the other end of the spectrum, though some well-designed types include removable electronics that make the process easier. Whatever the routine, it’s best to make sure they’re cleaned off relatively quickly. Caked-on traces of milk can spoil, affecting the taste of your next batch of froth.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide