ZSHOW Men’s Winter Hooded Down Jacket
Last updated: July 29, 2019
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Men's Down Puffer Jackets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Men's Down Puffer Jacket you should buy.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the ZSHOW Men's Winter Hooded Down Jacket placed 0th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
High Quality – Durable nylon fabric and parallel quilted design with fine sewing craft prevent (99.9%) leakage of down, soft and comfortable for daily wear. Extreme Warm – All the down puffer jackets are filled with 80% duck down,keeping you warm in winter. Packable & lightweight & quick dry, convenient to carry with while travelling or on a business trip,protecting you well from coldness. All the products have passed strict quality test from manufacturing – stocking – packing – shipping to ensure what you received works in good condition.
What experts liked
Men's Down Puffer Jacket Rankings
Whether you spend a lot of time outdoors for work or pleasure, a down jacket is a must. These coats are excellent insulators, as they are made up of either duck or geese feathers. They typically have a puffer design because the air pockets are able to hold in heat, which in turn keeps you nice and warm. When you’re ready to shop for a men’s down jacket, there are a few questions you’ll want to ask yourself first.
Determine which outdoor activities you plan on taking part in while wearing the jacket. Choose a lightweight jacket for a fall hike, but a thicker jacket for skiing down a mountain in the middle of winter.
Check the jacket’s outer material to determine whether it’s water-resistant. For example, some jackets are made with an Omni-Shield water and stain repellent shell fabric. If it starts to rain during your camping trip, the water will simply roll off the jacket and you’ll continue to stay warm.
Consider the fit of the jacket. Models like the Amazon Essentials Men’s Lightweight Down Jacket come with elasticized cuffs and stand-up collars. Not only do these features offer a snug fit, but they also keep the cold air from going up your sleeve or around your neck.
Does the jacket come with any extras? Some models offer a hood for face protection and zipper pockets that are designed to keep your hands warm. There are also others, which have a color-matching bag for packing the jacket when heading out on a weekend excursion.
Once you find a down jacket that meets your requirements, browse the model’s color and pattern choices. You may want to choose a bright orange when you need to be more visible, such as when you visit an outdoor shooting range, or a camo pattern for the times you want to blend in with the nature around you.
- Always check the product label before placing your down jacket in the wash. Most models are machine washable, but it’s best to be sure. Make sure you brush off any dirt from the jacket and then use the cold water setting to wash it. Finish cleaning the jacket using the low heat setting on your dryer.
- When storing a men’s down jacket during the summer months, always make sure the jacket can breathe. It is best to cover it with paper instead of plastic and set it in a cool dry location.
- If your down jacket starts to compress after it’s been packed away for the summer, simply place it in the dryer on low heat and it will puff back up. You can also place two tennis balls in the dryer at the same time to further assist the jackets in returning to their normal puffy state.
- In the event that a feather begins to protrude from the jacket, resist the temptation to pull it out. Instead, push it back in and seal the hole. You can buy a precut patch or an adhesive sticker made specifically for down jackets, or you can use a little duct tape if you’re in a pinch.
- When comparing men’s down jackets, you need to separate the jackets into two categories. The lightweight jackets, like the Amazon Essentials Men’s Lightweight Down Jacket, won’t have as much fill and are more versatile. They also cost less because they use less material. Heavier down jackets are designed to keep you warmer during harsh weather conditions. As a result, you can expect to pay a little more for that type of model.