Zhou Nutrition Digestive Balance Superfood Black Seed Oil
Last updated date: January 27, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Black Seed Oils and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Black Seed Oil you should buy.
Update as January 27, 2023:
Checkout The Best Black Seed Oil for a detailed review of all the top black seed oils.
This black seed oil comes in both capsule and oil form, letting you choose the option that fits your own preferences. The oil is manufactured in a certified facility and tested in a lab to ensure integrity. Each serving is packed with the nutrients to give you the benefits you want.
In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the Zhou Nutrition Digestive Balance Superfood Black Seed Oil placed 8th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
POWERFUL IMMUNE SUPPORT. Organic, cold-pressed, and 100% pure, our Black Seed Oil Liquid is packed with super antioxidants nigellone and thymoquinone, which may help maximize healthy cell activity in the body and keep your immune system strong. HEART HEALTHY NUTRIENTS. Nutrients in this Blackseed Oil, also known as Kalonji Oil, work to help support cardiovascular health. Easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules are a convenient way to consume this amazing superfood, also available from Zhou in its organic liquid oil form. Two capsules deliver 1300 mg of black seed oil at nearly half the price of many black seed oil supplements on the market. Your heart will thank you! HAIR & SKIN SUPERFOOD. This blackseed oil supplement also helps support thick, lustrous hair and glowing skin. Powerful omegas, amino acids and antioxidants naturally-occurring in black seed oil work together to help add strength and fullness to the hair and support youthful-looking skin. JOINT & DIGESTIVE COMFORT. Studies suggest that black seed oil may help support joint comfort and mobility. Ideal for people with poor digestion, it may help calm intestinal muscles, provide digestive comfort, and curb appetite so you stay fuller longer. Gluten free WHAT SETS US APART? At Zhou, we use only the highest-quality ingredients in an FDA certified facility following GMP (good manufacturing practices). Plus, we test everything at our lab in Utah, so you can be confident that you’re fueling your body with the very best.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Black Seed Oils
Nigella sativa is a flowering plant found in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. For centuries, black seeds have been extracted from the plants for medicinal purposes, with enthusiasts believing that they help with weight loss, improve skin health and assist in treating a variety of conditions, including cancer, liver disease, diabetes and infertility.
It’s important to note that no study has conclusively proven that N. sativa helps with any of these things, but some people have found they get benefits from it. Due to its popularity, manufacturers extract oil from the seeds and bottle them, distributing and selling it across the globe.
You may see the oil as coming from a variety of seed names, including black caraway, black cumin, kalonji and black onion. All fall under the umbrella name of “black seed oil,” so from there, it’s just a matter of determining the format and amount. As you’re shopping, you’ll probably notice many labels promote the same features, so it can get confusing to decide between multiple options.
One important feature mentioned often in black seed oil marketing materials is “cold-pressed.” This simply means that the oil was extracted without the use of heat, which can degrade the potency of the oil. By choosing a cold-pressed oil, you’re assured that the integrity of the nutrients was left intact during the process of removing the oil from the seed.
From there, though, many of the oils are promoting the benefits that come from the oil itself, no matter which brand you choose. However, what is important is the type of seeds the oil came from, including the region of origin. Look for black seed oil that came from seeds in Turkey, Syria, India, Egypt or Ethiopia as these are where the highest-quality seeds originate. Ethiopia is the best among those.
The Black Seed Oil Buying Guide
- Ingredients are important when choosing any natural supplement. Look for one that has no artificial ingredients.
- If you’re on a special diet, you can find black seed oil that promises to be gluten-free or vegan.
- Oils can degrade over time. To lengthen their lifespan, choose one in a dark-colored bottle that helps keep light out. No matter the color of your bottle, though, make a point of storing it in a dark place away from heat.
- Since black seed oil is extracted from a plant, pesticides can be a concern. Some brands advertise that their oil is pesticide-free, or free of heavy metals, among other chemicals.
- You have a variety of delivery options when you’re switching to black seed oil. It comes in capsule form, as well as in bottled liquid form. You may prefer a pill for its portability. Just slip some in a bag and take them on the go to always have your oil with you.
- The benefit of a liquid-based oil supplement is that you can use it topically. Some prefer to rub black seed oil on their skin and hair versus ingesting it. You can even add it to your shampoos, conditioners or lotions.
- If you choose to ingest your oil, though, you still can. Simply drop a little in your favorite beverage or meal. Be sure to carefully follow the instructions on the label.
- Look at the amount of thymoquinone in the black seed oil you’re choosing. Thymoquinone is considered both an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. If thymoquinone does help with these issues, having higher potency may offer better results.
- It’s important to pay close attention to the source of any supplement you’re taking. Make sure it’s manufactured in a certified facility. If it’s lab-tested, that’s a bonus. Any details about the manufacturing process, including certifications, can give you confidence in the claims you’re reading on the product packaging.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide