Youngever Plastic Soup Bowl, 9-Pack
Last updated date: August 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Soup Bowls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Soup Bowl you should buy.
Update as August 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Soup Bowl for a detailed review of all the top soup bowls.
You can enjoy up to 32 ounces of your favorite soup in each of these colorful plastic bowls. You'll get nine bowls, each in a different, bright color, making them perfect for serving groups of people. You can rest assured that you'll get plenty of use from these plastic bowls, as they're made from restaurant-grade materials.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Youngever Plastic Soup Bowl, 9-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Plastic Cereal Bowl BEST VALUE: Set of 9 Large 32 oz plastic cereal bowls in 9 assorted colors. GREAT FOR: Great for Cafe, Restaurant, Self-service areas, Party, Kids, Home, Event, Patio, Poolside, Picnic, and other outdoor use. SAFE & STURDY: Made of Restaurant Quality FDA-approved, BPA-free, Dishwasher Top Rack Safe. Break-Resistant and Durable material is a safer alternative to glass SIZE: 32oz Dimensions: 6.7 inch Diameter x 2.95 inch H.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Soup Bowls
A good bowl of warm soup can be filling and satisfying, especially on one of the colder days of the year. But as important as it is to find the perfect soup to fit your craving, you also need the right bowl to hold it.
You may never have given a second thought to the type of bowl you use for your soup. But there are several factors that go into making one ideal. The depth of the bowl is one of the most important factors. Many soup bowls will hold 20 ounces of soup, but you can also find bowls that will hold 30 ounces. A can of Campbell’s soup is 10.5 ounces, although you also add a can of water to that for a total of about 21 ounces. A can of Progresso soup is 18.5 ounces.
When you’re finished eating, your bowl will need to be cleaned. The vast majority of soup bowls can be cleaned in the dishwasher, but it’s also important to find a bowl that doesn’t absorb the tastes and odors of the soup served in them. Porcelain is a popular material for this, but if you opt for porcelain, make sure it’s strong enough to endure daily use. Thicker porcelain will be able to better withstand cracks and chips.
Lastly, it’s important to consider how many soup bowls you’re likely to need. If you have a big family, and you’ll use your bowls for eating everything from soup to cereal to ice cream, you may find that the cabinet is bare when you’re ready to eat, with your entire set in the dishwasher. Even one-person households can benefit from a set of at least four bowls. You can also find bowls in sets of five or more but buying two four-piece sets is always an option.
The Soup Bowl Buying Guide
- Breaks and chips are always a problem with the dishes that you use every day. A bowl made from thicker porcelain will be more resistant to that.
- If you like darker soups, keep in mind that some materials can stain. As popular as earthenware and stoneware are for dishes, they’re more porous and can stain. Porcelain is better in this area, as well, not only resisting stains but also avoiding absorbing the tastes and odors of the food they hold.
- For bowls that will be used outdoors, plastic tends to be the best option. If you’d prefer a porcelain bowl for everyday use, consider investing in plastic for your outdoor picnics.
- Colors are a consideration, as well. As pretty as decorative and colorful bowls can be, more neutral dishware can be easier to coordinate with your kitchen décor and other dishes.
- Some bowls have a ridge to help prevent spills. While that won’t eliminate the risk altogether, it will at least keep it to a minimum.
- A portable soup bowl can come in handy for taking your food on the go. Look for one with a spill-resistant lid. Some portable soup bowls even provide a spoon and toppings cup that snaps onto the bowl.
- If you plan to heat your soup in the bowl, look for one that is microwave safe. Some soup bowls can even be stored in the freezer.
- Chances are, you won’t always be seated at a table while eating out of your bowl. Consider how easy a bowl will be to hold while you’re enjoying your favorite soup while seated in your favorite recliner, watching TV.
- Even the most durable bowls may eventually break or scratch. By choosing a more neutral pattern, you’ll find it easier to replace one when it chips. A brand like Corelle is also more likely to be around in a few years, which makes it easier to match, keeping you from having to buy an entirely new set of bowls.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide