YoKii Room-Darkening Floral-Print Valance Kitchen Curtain, 52×18-Inch
Last updated date: June 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
We looked at the top Valance Kitchen Curtains and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Valance Kitchen Curtain you should buy.
Update as June 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Valance Kitchen Curtain for a detailed review of all the top valance kitchen curtains.
Crafted from smooth, opaque and wrinkle-free polyester, this unique Boho window valance has an eye-catching modern floral design. It measures 52 inches wide and 18 inches long and has a 2-inch header and a 2-inch rod pocket.
In our analysis, the YoKii YoKii Room-Darkening Floral-Print Valance Kitchen Curtain, 52x18-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Add a touch of modern and farmhouse to your window with this boho bouquet window valances. Multicolored designs fit to add charm to any room decor. Each printed fabric piece will instantly add depth and texture to your home.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Valance Kitchen Curtains
Window valances get installed at the tops of windows and can be combined with blinds, shades, drapes or used on their own. They are often used with curtain rods and have built-in pockets that allow them to slide over them. This makes it essential to purchase valances with pockets that fit over the curtain rod you plan to use. Many people find valances they love and then buy the rods.
Most valances are mounted on the outsides of window frames, but some are inside-mounted for a more streamlined look. The material can be sheer or light-filtering (semi-sheer), but you may want to opt for opaque valances (blackout) that do not let in any light. Valances also hide the hardware from other window treatments (especially blinds) and can help keep the light out.
The most common size for a window in a home is 24 inches wide and 36 inches long, but yours could be different. To determine a window size, measure the side of the rough opening. This opening is the measurement you get for the inside of one side of your window’s frame to the other and will also tell you what length your curtain rod has to be. The valance length will be longer most of the time because it gets gathered on the rod.
Some valances come with accents like pull-up ties, matching small tier curtains for the bottom of the window and so forth. If you choose the latter, you will need to install a second, lower curtain rod for them. Instead of rod pockets, some valances tie onto the rods or have built-in grommets that slide over them.
The Valance Kitchen Curtain Buying Guide
- When showing valance measurements, some manufacturers use the letter “H” for height instead of “L” for length.
- Double-hung windows are generally sized from 24 to 48 inches wide and 36 to 72 inches long.
- Bay windows range from 3 feet 6 inches to 10 feet 6 inches wide and 3 feet 6 inches to 10 feet 6 inches long. You can accent bay windows with valances, but you will need three or more.
- Cotton valances stand up to stretching and warping, but you may have to iron them. Cotton blends have other materials like rayon or polyester, while twill and duck cotton are medium-weight and heavier than regular, thin cotton fabrics.
- Jacquard fabric valances have patterns woven into either cotton or polyester.
- Other valance materials include microfiber and linen; if hanging these window treatments in kitchens or bathrooms, avoid delicate fabrics like silk that can’t be machine washed.
- Some valances are machine washable, and others are not. Always read the manufacturer’s label before washing your valances because you won’t want to ruin them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide