Yard Butler REA-4 Roto Earth Gardening Auger Drill Bit
Last updated date: October 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Auger Drill Bits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Auger Drill Bit you should buy.
Update as October 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Auger Drill Bit for a detailed review of all the top auger drill bits.
Aerating, irrigating and planting are just a few of the tasks you can accomplish with this auger drill bit. It's designed to last, having been constructed from a powder-coated steel. It's also to pulverize soil the moment it makes contact. Users will appreciate that the tool weighs just 1 pound.
In our analysis, the Yard Butler Yard Butler Roto Earth Gardening Auger Drill Bit placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Let the Yard Butler Roto Earth Auger do the work for you. Just attach to any cordless drill 3/8 inch or larger and dig holes up to 16 inches deep x 1 1/4 inches wide with the ease of a power tool. Perfect for planting bulbs, bedding plants and seedlings; insecticide applications and termite treatments; deep watering, aerating and fertilizing trees and shrubs; and weeding.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Auger Drill Bits
Planting bulbs by hand is a painstaking process that can take a great deal of time. Thankfully, there are tools that not only speed up this process, but also eliminate the amount of sweat equity required to produce desirable results. One such tool is the auger drill bit. As you shop for the best auger drill bit, you’ll want to keep the following information in mind.
Check which drills the auger drill bit is compatible with, as you want to go with a model that works with the drill you already own. This isn’t too much of a problem for electric drills; however, most auger drill bits are made to fit in 3/8-inch cordless drills or larger. It’s also recommended that the drill has a minimum of 14 volts.
Next, examine the auger drill bit’s construction. For example, the TCBWFY Solid Barrel Dual-Blades Plant Auger Drill Bit is made using a heavy-duty alloy steel painted with an attractive glossy black finish. It’s durable enough to be used in all soil types, including clay, chalky and sandy soils.
Review exactly what the auger drill bit can be used to accomplish and what functionality you need it to have. For example, the Power Planter Bulb & Bedding Plant Auger Drill Bit is mainly good for planting bulbs, garden vegetables and potted plants. Meanwhile, other drill bits are designed to do so much more. They can be used in aerating and irrigating jobs. Still other auger drill bits are able to cut holes through ice as well as sand. This is useful for anchoring beach umbrellas in the summer.
Consider any extras that the auger drill bit may have to offer. There are companies that throw in a complimentary pair of gardening gloves with the purchase of their drill bit, while others include two free mini gardening tools. These tools are helpful when working with small potted plants. You’ll even find auger drill bits in fun colors, such as orange and green.
The Auger Drill Bit Buying Guide
- Make sure you have a tight hold on your drill when you use the auger drill bit, as it can jerk out of your hand if you encounter a large root.
- To use the auger drill bit to plant bulbs, all you need to do is attach the bit to your drill, place the tip on top of the soil exactly where you want the hold to go and drill down as far as the auger will go. Pull the auger straight back out of the hole and drop in your bulb. Push the loose soil that ended up on the edge of the hole back in the hole over the bulb. Follow the planting instructions that came with your bulb for any additional steps.
- To extend the life of your auger drill bit, you’ll want to clean it after each use. To do this, you’ll need to remove the bit from the drill and give it time to cool off if it’s a bit warm to the touch. Shake off any loose dirt and debris and then use a toothbrush to remove the remaining dirt. Wipe the drill bit clean with a lint-free cloth and store in a location that experiences low humidity.
- Once you narrow down your search for the best auger drill bit, you’ll want to consider price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide