XSpecial Stainless Steel Ergonomic Meat Tenderizer
Last updated date: August 25, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Meat Tenderizers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Meat Tenderizer you should buy.
Update as August 25, 2021:
Checkout The Best Meat Tenderizer for a detailed review of all the top meat tenderizers.
Your beef, chicken and pork has never tasted as good as when you use this meat tenderizer. The long needles do an excellent job of penetrating the meat without smashing or distorting it. The oversized handle also makes the tenderizer easy to use.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the XSpecial Stainless Steel Ergonomic Meat Tenderizer placed 1st when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MOUTHWATERING FLAVOR IN EVERY BITE – MONEY BACK GUARANTEED: Ask any chef foodie grill master or cooking enthusiast 48 Needles Meat Tenderizers Blades are THE MUST HAVE essential kitchen tool if you want consistently delectable meals people rave about – and our REVIEWS speak for themselves. So go ahead click add to cart now you’ll feel 100% SATISFIED OR YOUR MONEY BACK – WE’LL EVEN COVER THE COST OF RETURN SHIPPING! UNIQUE - ULTRA-THIN, EXTRA-LONG CHEFS KNIFE DESIGN – WON’T PULVERIZE MEAT: While most meat pounder hammer your food into a squishy, damaged, pulverized mush, we designed our steak tenderizer tool with extra-long, extra-thin blades for beautifully succulent results. WANT TO SAVE TIME, SAVE MONEY & EAT JUICIER MEAT? Ever looked at your cooked meat and thought, “Hmm…I swore that was bigger!” XSpecial blade tenderizer LOCKS in JUICES, STOPS MEAT SHRINKAGE & REDUCE COOKING TIME by 40% - and less cooking time means less loss of natural flavors and juices – a win, win for any home or professional chef! WISH YOUR MARINADES & RUBS FLAVORED THE FULL CUT? IMPART FLAVOR THROUGH ANY MEAT: Because our gourmet tool marinades DEEPER, fully infusing the entire cut with flavor, you’ll easily transform any meat into a succulent, delicious, mouthwatering meal including beef, chicken, veal, pork, fish, steak, London broil, round roast, chicken breast, pork loin and more. CRAVE THE BUTTERY FLAVOR PRIME CUTS DELIVER, WITHOUT THE STEEP COST? 48 needle meat tenderizer blades tenderize tough connective tissues so they render like the fat that makes pricier cuts so mouthwatering - resulting in juicy, delectable meat with every bite – 100% GUARANTEED. It’s EASY TO USE, ergonomic, affordable, arthritis friendly and requires no force making it the BEST meat tenderizer tool on the market.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Meat Tenderizers
Have you ever had an unreasonably tough piece of beef or a very chewy piece of chicken? Sometimes, no matter how good of a chef you are, the meat you’re working with can be very difficult to eat. This is where a meat tenderizer tool comes in. It’s a hand-powered kitchen gadget that is designed to soften beef, lamb, venison, pork, turkey, chicken, duck and other kinds of meat before cooking. Taking the time to do this quick step often results in melt-in-your-mouth dishes.
There are three main types of meat tenderizing tools. One of the most common is the kind that looks like a large hammer or mallet. Typically, this meat tenderizer is made out of a heavy metal. The hammer has two faces, one that’s flat, while the other has cone-shaped protrusions. You use this type of meat tenderizer by hammering on the meat. Similar to this style of gadget is one that looks kind of like a potato masher, but has a large metal face that is either smooth or has a bumpy surface. The flat sides of these tools are perfect for pounding out meat into thinner slices, while the jagged side is great for softening the meat. Another type of meat tenderizer uses blades that puncture the meat as they are pressed into it. This not only helps to soften the tough fibers of the meat, but also helps to create channels for flavors from marinades and spices to seep through.
While one of the key benefits of a meat tenderizer tool is that they turn rough cuts of meat into succulent meals, an added bonus is that they help to reduce cooking time significantly. You can make a better meal in less time by using a meat tenderizer because the gadget does a good job of breaking down tough fibers in the meat.
The Meat Tenderizer Buying Guide
- Before you purchase a meat tenderizer, think about what kind of cuts of meat you eat most often. This will help you decide what kind of gadget you need. For example, if you mostly eat chicken and turkey breast, a mallet-style tenderizer will help you get thin cutlets that cook up in no time. If you are a fan of large roasts, you may fare better with a blade-style meat tenderizer that can penetrate thick cuts of meat, helping to both soften the flesh and let the marinade seep through. If cube steaks are your thing, then a standing blade-tenderizer can help you get perfectly textured meat with a few turns of the hand crank.
- Depending on the quantity of meat you need to tenderize, look at the surface area the gadget covers. For example, if you’re a hunter and process your own meat, you’ll want to get a large meat tenderizer that has a big surface area. If you’re only tenderizing a few small pieces for your family, then a small tool will do the trick.
- For those that like to add flavor to their meat using herbs, spices and marinades, take a look at the absorption rate the gadget provides. In many cases, you can get meat tenderizers that will increase the absorption rate of the meat by several hundred percent. This helps your meat to take on better flavors and decreases the amount of time it needs to cook.
- Meat tenderizers have a tough job to do, and that’s why durability is key. Look for tools that have blades that are made out of heavy-duty materials such as stainless steel. Aluminum construction for the outside of the gadget will provide the best results.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide