WYZE Lock WiFi & Bluetooth Smart Door Lock
Last updated date: October 4, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Smart Locks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Smart Lock you should buy.
Update as October 4, 2021:
Checkout The Best Smart Lock for a detailed review of all the top smart locks.
You can remotely find out the position of your door without using sensors with this smart lock. You can lock and unlock the door from anywhere using the Wyze app. The smart lock is easy to set up for those without smart lock experience.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the WYZE Lock WiFi & Bluetooth Smart Door Lock placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Wyze smart lock: Lock or unlock your door from anywhere using the Wyze app. Wyze Lock connects to your WiFi via the included Wyze Lock Gateway. Enable auto-lock and auto-unlock to never have to think about keys or codes again. Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple. Simple sharing: Wyze Lock lets you easily share access to your home with friends, family, contractors, dog walkers, and really, whoever you want. See a history of lock and unlock events. Wyze Lock gives you complete control of who has access to your home Door position detection: Wyze Lock not only tells you the lock status, but also if the door is open or closed. Unlike other locks, Wyze Lock has a built-in gyroscope to know the position of the door. No need for separate sensors. Keyless door entry: Simply walk up to your door and have it unlock automatically and then lock behind you once you're inside. Purchase Wyze Lock Keypad and Wyze Cam separately for added security and surveillance. Works with your current key and deadbolt.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Smart Locks
Have you ever lost your keys or just fumbled around trying to unlock your door? A smart lock is an excellent way to unlock your door using an app on your phone or a button on a keypad. It provides people with more flexibility and convenience when it comes to locking and unlocking the door.
There are several different types of smart locks on the market. A common style of smart lock uses Bluetooth connectivity to automatically unlock the door when you are in proximity. You can also unlock a Bluetooth smart lock using your phone or a key fob. If you also want to increase security, consider using a biometric smart lock. It uses your fingerprint to allow entry. You can easily program the lock to read multiple people’s fingerprints.
RFID smart locks use a card or key fob to unlock the door. They typically lock automatically, so it’s important to have your key fob on you at all times. A keypad smart lock uses a pin number to unlock the door. You can program in different codes for different people and change codes as needed. A WiFi smart lock uses an internet connection to function. You can lock or unlock the door using your phone, usually from anywhere else in the world.
The Smart Lock Buying Guide
- One of the most important features to look for when you’re considering a smart lock is access logs. These can track who enters the home if you give people specific keys. It can also track the date and time when the door was locked and unlocked.
- Having the ability to lock and unlock your home remotely is a handy feature to have. It can be used to let your kids in when they come home from school or to allow maintenance or cleaning people access when you’re unavailable.
- If you want to scare away burglars or unauthorized visitors, consider getting a smart lock with a tamper alarm. It notifies you when someone is trying to break into your home by interfering with the lock.
- While changing your lock, you may also want to consider looking at the integrity of your door. A weak door may not provide any security regardless of how safe your lock is. Consider installing a heavy-duty door or additionally securing the hinges.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide