WOSIBO Buffalo-Plaid Valance Kitchen Curtain, 16×56-Inch
Last updated: July 29, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Valance Kitchen Curtains and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Valance Kitchen Curtain you should buy.
This set of two cotton valances has the familiar buffalo check pattern that adds character to country and farmhouse kitchens. These are 16 inches long and 56 inches wide, with a 3.2-inch sewn-in rod pocket.
In our analysis, the WOSIBO WOSIBO Buffalo-Plaid Valance Kitchen Curtain, 16x56-Inch placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PERFECT SIZE WITH LARGE ROD POCKET: The package includes 2 window curtain valances. Measures: 56″W x 16″L, fits standard windows 24” – 48”. 3.2 inch rod pocket which fits up to 1.6 inch diameter rods. VANTAGE AND CLASSIC BUFFALO CHECK DESIGN: Classic buffalo check design works well with many decorating styles like French country style, modern farmhouse style etc.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Valance Kitchen Curtain Rankings
Window valances are a type of window treatment installed at the tops of windows. They can be combined with blinds, shades, drapes or used on their own. They are often used with curtain rods and have built-in pockets that allow them to slide over rods. This makes it essential to purchase valances with pockets that fit over the curtain rod you plan to use. Many people find valances they love and then buy the rods to fit.
Most valances are mounted on the outsides of window frames, but some are inside-mounted for a more streamlined look. You’ll want to consider the material of these valances, with can be made of so many fabrics from cotton and polyester blends to silk and lace. Also, figure out the amount of light and heat you want to come into your home; valances can be sheer or light-filtering (semi-sheer), but you may wish to opt for opaque valances (blackout). Valances also hide the hardware from other window treatments (especially blinds), which also makes them a practical option.
The standard size for a double- or single-hung window in a residence is 2 feet wide by 3 feet long, but yours could be different. To determine your window size, measure the inside of the rough opening from one jamb to the other. This will also tell you what length your curtain rod has to be. The valance length will generally be longer because it gets gathered on the rod.
Some valances come with pull-up ties, matching small tier curtains for the bottom of the window or other accents. If you get the curtains, you will need to install a second, lower curtain rod for them. You may also find that instead of rod pockets, some valances tie onto the rods or have built-in grommets that slide over them.
- When showing valance measurements, some manufacturers use the letter “H” for height instead of “L” for length.
- Double-hung windows are generally sized from 24 to 48 inches wide and 36 to 72 inches long.
- Bay windows can range from 42-126 inches wide and 42-126 inches long. You can accent bay windows with valances, but you will need three or more.
- Cotton valances stand up to stretching and warping, but you may have to iron them. Cotton blends have other materials like rayon or polyester, while twill and duck cotton are medium-weight and heavier than regular, thin cotton fabrics.
- Jacquard fabric valances have patterns woven into either cotton or polyester.
- Other valance materials include microfiber and linen; if hanging these window treatments in kitchens or bathrooms, avoid delicate fabrics like silk that can’t be machine-washed.
- Some valances are machine washable and others are not. Always read the manufacturer’s label before washing your valances because you won’t want to ruin them.