Wooster Shortcut Angle Sash Paintbrush
Last updated date: April 22, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Paint Brushes For Home and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Paint Brush For Home you should buy.
The Wooster Shortcut Angle Sash Paintbrush has bristles made of a polyester blend that works with all paint types. The short handle and angle of the paintbrush make it ideal for covering those hard to reach areas. The handle is even equipped with a hole at the end for easy storage by hanging. In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Wooster Wooster Shortcut Angle Sash Paintbrush placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Paint Brush For Home for a detailed review of all the top paint brushes for home.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Wooster unveiled the original nylon/polyester Shortcut in 1991! It offers uniform coverage and resists wear with all latex, acrylics, and water-based stains. The Wooster Brush Company has been manufacturing innovative, high-performance painting tools right out of Wooster, Ohio USA since 1851. Our trade names include Ultra/Pro, Advantage, Yachtsman, Shortcut paintbrushes; Super/Fab, Super Doo-Z roller covers; Sherlock frames and extension poles; Jumbo-Koter minirollers; and Prep Crew surface prep tools. You can feel confident knowing Wooster is the name behind your painting tools.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Paint Brushes For Home
There are a lot of projects homeowners can complete on their own to save money. Painting is one of those do-it-yourself tasks that isn’t too hard to figure out. Of course, you’ll need to have the proper tools on hand, beginning with a quality set of paintbrushes.
If you’re just starting out, you’ll want to grab a paintbrush set that includes several different paintbrushes. For example, the Pro Grade Paint Brush Set, 5-Piece contains multiple types of flat and angle brushes to help you complete just about any paint job on your to-do list.
There’s always the option to add a specialty brush to your collection, should you already have a starter set. The Wooster Shortcut Angle Sash Paintbrush is one such brush, as it is made with a short handle and angular bristles that are designed to help painters reach tight spaces and create clean, crisp lines.
Homeowners that have big paint jobs to tackle will want to opt for a paintbrush set that is comfortable to hold, like the Bates Wood Handle Paint Brushes, 4-Piece. This set has handles that are constructed from treated wood. They are lightweight and easy to hold. As a result, your hands won’t tire out as quickly as they would with other brands.
Don’t forget to consider the environment when shopping for a paintbrush for home. While there are brushes that are designed for use in hot and humid conditions and brushes that are made for cool and dry weather, it is possible to find a set that works well in all environments. Not only does the Purdy XL Value Pack Paint Brush Set, 3-Piece work well no matter where you need to use them, they also have versatile filaments that can be used with both paints and stains.
DWYM Fun Fact
When it comes to paintbrushes, you’ll actually find quite a few unique accomplishments listed in the Guinness World Records book. Here are a couple of the most interesting entries:
- The LCC KIDZ 2015 Summer Art Camp organizers and attendees from South Carolina were awarded the record for the largest paintbrush in December of 2015. It measured over 37 feet in length and weighed an astounding 171 pounds.
- The record for the largest paintbrush mosaic goes to Olympic Paints and Stains. The company used 33,000 paintbrushes and 150 gallons of paint to create the masterpiece in 2016.
- Nissan used the tires of a Nissan LEAF car to win the record for the largest glow-in-the-dark painting in March of 2015. The painting covered a 681.36 square-foot area.
The Paint Brush For Home Buying Guide
- Some reviews report that certain brushes have bristles that tend to separate into clumps when dipped into the paint.
- Keep in mind that paintbrushes with short handles aren’t easy to hold for long periods of time. They are also known for their bristles coming loose faster than brushes with longer handles.
- After each project, you’ll need to properly clean and store your paintbrushes for home to extend their life. Start off by removing excess paint from the brushes by wiping them against the inside of the paint can and then back and forth over a sheet of newspaper. If you used a latex paint, you can clean the brush with water. An oil-based paint, however, requires paint thinner to completely clean the brush. Give the brush a final cleansing with a little dish soap and warm water. Wrap the paintbrush in a sheet of newspaper to dry. Once dry, place the brush in a new sheet of newspaper and secure it in place with a rubber band. Store with your other paint supplies.
- While you won’t typically find product warranties on paintbrushes for home use, you may come across a set that offers either a money back guarantee or a customer satisfaction guarantee. That way, if you experience any issues with the brush set, you can request a replacement or a product refund.
- Since paintbrushes often come in sets, you’ll need to calculate the price per brush by dividing the product’s price by the total number of brushes in the set. When you compare the price per brush, you’ll find the Pro Grade Paint Brush Set, 5-Piece to be the most affordable. The Purdy XL Value Pack Paint Brush Set, 3-Piece and the Bates Wood Handle Paint Brushes, 4-Piece are more moderately priced, while the Wooster Shortcut Angle Sash Paintbrush is among the most expensive.