Wilton Pillar Style Cake Stand, 3-Tier
Last updated date: June 19, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cake Stands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cake Stand you should buy.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the Wilton Wilton Pillar Style Cake Stand, 3-Tier placed 12th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cake Stand for a detailed review of all the top cake stands.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
An essential for weddings and parties, this beautiful 3-tier cake stand adds drama and flair to your events. Once you’re done baking and decorating, you can display everything with our easy-to-assemble cake and cupcake stands. Showcase your cakes, cupcakes, danishes, cookies, muffins, tarts, and all the creative desserts and treats you’ve made on this beautiful, modern cake stand display with multiple tiers. The white color will work with any décor for any occasion. Let your sweet or savory treats tempt everyone at the party. Includes base, three pillars, three plate supports and three plates. Plates hold 10-inch, 12-inch and 14-inch wedding cakes. Wilton helps families celebrate! We inspire the joy of creativity in everyone, everywhere, every day. Since 1929, Wilton has been helping home bakers and cake decorators all over the world create sweet treats and beautiful desserts by giving them the tools to make it fun and easy. The Wilton name is known around the world for cake decorating, candy making, bakeware and party products. At Wilton, we're passionate about bringing the love of baking and decorating to every consumer.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cake Stands
Whether you’re a baking pro or just learning how to frost your first masterpiece, the right cake stand can elevate any creation. Placing your cakes, cupcakes, cookies and bars on a stand will make your countertop feel like a professional bakery. It also makes your baked goods more appealing at bake sales or other public events.
There are two types of cake stands: functional and display. Functional cake stands are simple stands that rotate 360 degrees to help you ice and decorate every inch of your cake. They’re made of materials like acrylic, stainless steel, silicone and aluminum alloy.
Functional cake stands often come with sets of decorating tools, like spatulas, decorating combs and icing smoothers. The best functional cake stands have safeguards to keep your cake in place as you ice it. Look for features like non-slip surfaces and rubber feet to prevent a decorating disaster.
Display cake stands show off your cakes once you’re done decorating them. They’re made from food-grade acrylic, metal or even wrought iron. They’re often adorned with tassels, beads and fun colors.
Single-level cake stands are great for presenting full-sized cakes at birthday parties or professional catering events. They also class up ordinary cakes on your kitchen counter. Tiered cake stands are best for showing off batches of cupcakes or other small sweets.
Now that you’ve got some basic knowledge about cake stands, you can read our Tips & Advice for nitty-gritty details
DWYM Fun Fact
Cutting the cake is one of the best moments at any wedding, but newlyweds didn’t always have a beautiful, sugary confection to celebrate the day. During the 16th and 17th centuries, weddings served “bride’s pie,” a savory mix of oysters, pine kernels and lamb testicles tucked into a pastry crust. Yum?
The pie wasn’t designed to taste good: guests were expected to have a piece of this culinary nightmare out of politeness. Refusing a slice was bad luck, so wedding guests reluctantly dug in.
The tide turned during the late 17th century when couples started serving two cakes (a bride’s cake and a groom’s cake) at weddings. The groom’s cake tradition eventually died out, leaving only the decadent bride’s cake behind as the official wedding cake we know today.
The Cake Stand Buying Guide
- Think about what kinds of baked goods you make the most frequently before you buy. If you’re all about full-sized cakes, a single-level cake stand is best. If you’re a cupcake aficionado, select a tiered cake stand to show them off.
- Check out the size and weight limits on your cake stand before you buy.
- How often do you bake? If you only make cakes and cupcakes for special occasions, an inexpensive acrylic or plastic stand will be more financially appropriate. Frequent bakers should feel free to invest in a pricier option with tassels or a fancy paint job.
- Most cake stands from online vendors will come in pieces that need to be assembled. Check and see that you have any tools you might need before you buy.
- If you’re buying a functional cake stand to help you ice and decorate your cake, make sure that it looks nice enough to double as a display cake stand. If it doesn’t, be very careful when you’re transferring your cake from the functional stand to its final destination.
- Scope out any included tools that come with a functional cake stand. Most of them come with scrapers (for smoothing edges as you spin the cake in place), decorating combs (to create ridged patterns on the sides) and spatulas (for smoothing on thick layers of icing). These sets are a great way to learn the basics of cake decorating without spending a ton of money.
- Some cake stands are dishwasher safe, but handwashing will help them last longer. Acrylic and plastic stands will wipe clean with a wet cloth and some dish soap. More complex materials like steel or wrought iron may require special cleaning solutions.