Whitmor Wooden Shelf Shoe Rack
Last updated date: June 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wooden Shoe Racks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wooden Shoe Rack you should buy.
Update as June 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Wooden Shoe Rack for a detailed review of all the top wooden shoe racks.
This wooden shoe rack comes to you in its natural form, which means you'll have the freedom to apply any paint or finish of your choice. You'll be able to customize the rack to match your existing decor. The rack itself is on the smaller side, so it will easily fit in any space. You can even purchase a second unit and stack it on top of the first.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Whitmor Wooden Shelf Shoe Rack placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
For over 70 years, Whitmor has been bringing organization home. Our passion for organization is driven by the desire to simplify life, to make everyday tasks quicker and easier so you have more time for what you like. We believe a well-organized home makes being at home more enjoyable and, as a family owned and operated company, that’s important to us. When morning routines run smoothly, because everything is in its place, your day starts off a better. When smart products help streamline household chores, maintaining them becomes less of a chore. Knowing that we play a role in that is what motivates us. You motivate us. Shoes are an important part of any wardrobe. Whether your collection is all about function or an extension of your style, keeping them neat and accessible means getting out the door a little easier.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wooden Shoe Racks
Back in the old days, people kept their shoes safe and organized inside shoe boxes. The downside to using shoe boxes is you can’t see which shoes are inside which boxes. A shoe rack is an excellent alternative, as it keeps footwear off the floor, yet makes them clearly visible so you can grab the pair you need quickly.
When in the market for a shoe rack, look for a wooden model, as these are much more sturdy than plastic and wire racks. A rack made from 100% bamboo is ideal, as it is both attractive, durable and sustainable. Bamboo is also quick-growing, so it can be replanted much faster than tree.
Buyers will have the option of purchasing a wooden shoe rack in its natural state or one that has already been coated with a beautiful finish. A natural rack lets consumers choose whether to apply their own paint or finish for a more personalized look, while a rack that’s already got a finish is ready to be used the moment it arrives.
Determine how many tiers you need the shoe rack to have. Most two-tier wooden shoe racks are capable of holding as many as six pairs of adult-sized sneakers and boots, while a three-tier rack can hold as many as 12 pairs. If you prefer, you can opt for a two-tier rack that is stackable. This way, you can purchase as many units as you need to accommodate all of your shoes.
Look for added features that make the wooden shoe rack more functional. For example, some racks include a top bench. That makes them ideal for mudrooms and hallways, where homeowners can sit down to remove and store their shoes or retrieve and put on their shoes.
The Wooden Shoe Rack Buying Guide
- Check to see if the wooden shoe rack comes already assembled or whether you’ll need to put it together once it arrives. Some models that require assembly are designed with removable built-in fittings that have been treated for rust prevention. They are easy to use, so you wouldn’t have any trouble putting the rack together.
- Since the bottom of most people’s shoes are dirty, you’ll want to take the time every other week or so to clean the wooden shoe rack. You can use a soft-wire brush to clean away any loose dirt. Afterward, wipe down the surface of the rack with a moist rag. Go back over the wood afterward with a dry lint-free towel.
- No matter what your budget, you’re sure to find a wooden shoe rack that meets your needs. The Whitmor Wooden Shelf Shoe Rack costs about as much as two Starbucks coffees. You’ll pay a bit more for the Songmic 3-Tier Wooden Shoe Rack Bench.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide