Westinghouse Lighting One-Light Vintage Outdoor Sconce
Last updated date: May 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Outdoor Sconces and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Outdoor Sconce you should buy.
Update as May 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Outdoor Sconce for a detailed review of all the top outdoor sconces.
A textured black finish and clear glass panels give this outdoor sconce a contemporary vibe. It is durable and made with high-quality workmanship.
In our analysis, the Westinghouse Lighting Westinghouse Lighting One-Light Vintage Outdoor Sconce placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
One-light exterior wall lantern. Textured black finish on steel; clear glass panels. 8-1/4 by 4-1/2 Inch (H x W); extends 5-3/4 Inch; 3 Inch high from center of outlet box; back plate is 4-1/2 Inch in diameter. Uses one medium-base light bulb, 100-watt maximum (not included). Five-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship; UL listed.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Outdoor Sconces
Outdoor sconces are a great way to upgrade the look of your space. Whether it’s for your porch, patio or pool, outdoor lighting makes an impression on your guests and neighbors. Not only that, having outdoor sconces can enhance safety around your property, ensuring everything remains well-lit when it gets dark outside and potentially deterring thieves. Plus, when your outdoor space is bright and welcoming, you’ll want to spend more time outside entertaining and enjoying it.
There are many different styles of outdoor sconces so you can find the right ones to match with your outdoor décor. Contemporary outdoor sconces have clean lines and a minimalist look. The frames are typically angular and don’t feature any ornamentation. If you have more of a traditional look, go with an outdoor sconce with smooth curves and ornate details. Traditional styles also feature frosted shades and a black or bronzed look. For a rustic or country style, look for outdoor scones that exude warmth and look slightly worn out. A weathered look is perfect for this aesthetic.
The Outdoor Sconce Buying Guide
- Outdoor lighting fixtures are designed for use in wet or damp areas. If you’re planning on putting up the outdoor sconce in an area where it will be directly exposed to rain and snow, then you will need to ensure they are wet rated. If the outdoor sconce will be on a covered patio or in an area which does not get any direct rain or snow, then you can choose lights which are damp rated.
- If you want to increase security around your property, one of the best ways to do that is with motion-sensor lights. These lights will automatically turn on when there is movement within the range of the motion sensor.
- Another option is dusk-to-dawn lights, which have a sensor to turn on when the sun goes down, and turn off when the sun comes up. This is perfect for you if you routinely forget to turn the outdoor lights on and off or if you’re taking a trip out of town and still want your outdoor lights to be on. These can also be set on a timer instead of a sensor.
- When choosing the right size of lighting for your outdoor space, it’s best to go big rather than small. Ensure that your lighting fixture is visible from the curb. This will add to the curb appeal of your home and make a visual impression on passersby.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide