VTech Pop-A-Balls Push & Pop Bulldozer
Last updated date: February 16, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Little Boys Toys and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Little Boys Toy you should buy.
Editor's Note February 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Little Boy’s Toys for a detailed review of all the top little boys toys.
This was a 2018 Toy of the Year Awards finalist, based on its ability to entertain and teach children at the same time. As they push the bulldozer’s handle, the balls inside move from its chimney into a bucket. The buttons on the side teach numbers, colors and phrases; the bulldozer also plays music.
In our analysis, the VTech VTech Pop-A-Balls Push & Pop Bulldozer placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Push the handle to roll the bulldozer across the floor and watch it pop balls out of the chimney into the bucket. Press the buttons to learn colors, numbers, phrases and music. Roll the bulldozer and trigger motion sensors to listen to fun tunes and songs on the move stimulating attention and coordination. Grab the chunky handle to encourage motor skill development.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Little Boys Toys
The best toys match a child’s developmental abilities and skills, all while encouraging new ones. It is also a good idea to choose toys that encourage motor skills, critical thinking and academic capabilities. From classic toys to clever new building sets, there is a lot on the market when it comes to playthings aimed at little boys.
Although there are government regulations and safety standards in place, there are still some unsafe toys on the market. Read the packaging before buying, and check SaferProducts.gov with any toy safety concerns. With this in mind, look for toys that are educational and fun. Kids benefit most from playthings that teach them things.
The Little Boys Toy Buying Guide
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has a helpful report entitled “Selecting Appropriate Toys for Young Children in the Digital Era” that can help parents choose safe, age-appropriate toys. It found that electronic toys tend to get less vocal and physical responses from the kids using them than traditional toys or even books, which could inhibit development.
- Toys are marked with age ranges that tell parents which kids they are appropriate for. These are important to pay attention to, not only because of potential safety issues, but because they may be too advanced for some ages or not advanced enough for others. The last thing you want is a shiny new toy your child gets bored with in a couple days because it wasn’t meant for their age range.
- If you’re buying toys for a child with special needs, the suggested age range provided by the manufacturer may be deceiving. The AAP says these ranges are meant to be taken literally and are not based on a child’s developmental age. The organization recommends asking your child’s doctor about appropriate toys and potentially leaning more toward functional, sensory-heavy toys for young kids, rather than ones that are made for symbolic play.
- Many toys require batteries and if they are included, they don’t typically last long. So, buy some extras when you pick up that new plaything.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide