Vive Suction Cup Grabber/Reacher, 32-Inch
Last updated date: December 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Grabber/Reachers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Grabber/Reacher you should buy.
Update as August 30, 2021:
Checkout The Best Grabber/Reacher for a detailed review of all the top grabber/reachers.
Extend your reach by up to 32 inches with this grabber, which can help you reach items on your highest shelves. The jaws are wide enough to grab bigger items, but they also squeeze in narrow enough to pick up small materials like pills and coins. A built-in hanger makes it easy to store when you aren't using it.
In our analysis, the Vive Vive Suction Cup Grabber/Reacher, 32-Inch placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
EASILY EXTEND YOUR REACH: Adding 32” to your reach, the suction reacher allows you to easily reach items stored on high shelves, dropped behind furniture or other tight places, and items on the ground without constant bending and twisting. Great for those with limited dexterity, arthritis, carpal tunnel, or those recovering from surgery or injury. SECURE RUBBER SUCTION CUP TIPS: Easily change light bulbs without using a hazardous step stool. Strong rubber suction cups provide a secure grip on any item, including smooth or slippery objects like glass or metal, without damaging the surface. The wide leaf-style jaws close tight enough to retrieve dropped coins or pills with ease while having the strength to hold items weighing up to five pounds. ERGONOMIC TRIGGER HANDLE: The comfort grip handle is ergonomically designed to fit easily in either hand for versatility and also includes a built-in hanger for convenient storage when not in use. LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE: Constructed with a durable, corrosion-resistant aluminum, the suction reacher is suitable for indoor/outdoor use. The frame is lightweight to reduce arm and hand fatigue from constant use. VIVE GUARANTEE: 60 day unconditional guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Grabber/Reachers
If you’ve ever grabbed a chair or step stool to get something from an out-of-reach shelf, you know the benefits of an extended arm. But for those with mobility limitations, the benefits can become essential to quality of life.
A grabber can extend your reach by at least a couple of feet beyond the length of your outstretched arm. If you haven’t checked out these devices recently, you may not realize how advanced they’ve become. You can find reachers that bend like an arm to give you extra flexibility when you’re trying to pick up items. There are also plenty that have the classic straight design, but with a claw that rotates to help you grab what you need.
The claws themselves have come a long way in recent years. Many are now built with nonskid, nonslip surfaces to make it easier to grab onto items. But what’s really improved is the versatility of these devices. With one grabber, you can pick up items weighing as much as 5 pounds or a small item like a pill or a coin.
Reachers aren’t just for household items, though. Some Good Samaritans use a grabber to pick up litter on their daily walks. That calls for a grabber with a tight grip to pick up small items like receipts and tissues.
The Grabber/Reacher Buying Guide
- Many reachers are made from lightweight aluminum alloy. This keeps the reacher from weighing you down, but it won’t reduce its lifting capabilities.
- If you think you’ll use your grabber to lift delicate items like drinking glasses, choose one that has a nonskid grip.
- Some grabbers are made for handling tasks like turning doorknobs or installing lightbulbs. These grabbers have a rounded gripper.
- The handle comes into play on a grabber, too. Most operate similarly to the trigger on a gun. Look closely at this part of a grabber, especially if you’re dealing with mobility issues in your hands.
- A magnetic tip on some grabbers comes in handy if you’re lifting metal items like keys or screws.
- Pay close attention to the claw range. Each one has a minimum and maximum. This will give you an idea of the variety of items you’ll be able to grab.
- The length of the grabber also comes into play. If you can, measure the distance to all the areas of your home that you’ll be trying to reach.
- Portability is a consideration, as well. Some grabbers fold up to a much smaller size to make it easy to tuck into a shopping bag or store in a closet when you aren’t using it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide