Vicks VapoRub Medicated Chest Rub, 3-Pack
Last updated date: December 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chest Rubs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chest Rub you should buy.
Update as December 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Chest Rub for a detailed review of all the top chest rubs.
Since this chest rub is medicated, it works well for a variety of ailments. It helps open up your airways when a cold strikes, suppress a cough when you're congested and relieve pain when joints become achy. The product packaging is also reusable, which is a nice bonus.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Vicks VapoRub Medicated Chest Rub, 3-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
RELIEVES COUGH. Use on chest and throat to temporarily relieve cough due to the common cold. PAIN RELIEF. Use on muscles and joints to temporarily relieve minor aches and pains. MEDICATED VAPORS. Starts working quickly to relieve cough symptoms. SOOTHE AND CALM. EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Avoid contact with eyes.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chest Rubs
Once cold and flu season arrives, you’ll want to have a few products on hand in case anyone in the family gets sick. One must-have item is a chest rub. Chest rubs are excellent for relieving nasal congestion, as well as for soothing chest aches and reducing coughs. When you’re ready to shop for the best chest rub, keep the following information in mind.
Choose a chest rub that meets the age requirements of the children in your home. While some rubs are safe for kids age 2 and up, others can be used in infants as young as 3 months.
Review the ingredients carefully before you choose a chest rub. Mentholatum Natural Congestion Ointment is made using 100% natural active ingredients, while all of the ingredients in the Zarbee’s Naturals Baby Soothing Chest Rub are free of parabens and artificial fragrances. You want to avoid using any chest rubs that contain harsh chemicals, as these can irritate the skin of sensitive individuals.
Look into the company that makes the chest rub to ensure its practices match your personal convictions. For example, some chest rubs are 100% cruelty-free and never tested on animals. Other companies choose to donate a portion of their sales to charity.
The Chest Rub Buying Guide
- Do not heat the chest rub up in a microwave or place it in hot water or you may suffer a burn.
- Always store the chest rub where children and pets can’t get access to it, even if the ingredients are listed as all-natural.
- Chest rubs are meant for external use only and should not be consumed or placed in one’s eyes, ears or nose.
- It’s good practice to test the rub on a small area of your skin before you use it for the first time. This is the best way to determine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- When comparing chest rub prices, you’ll first need to take into consideration how many ounces are in each tub. As you compare similar-sized rubs, you’ll want to look at the ingredients. The higher the quality of ingredients, the higher you can expect the chest rub to cost.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide