VAVA 2-Inch LCD Display Dual Dash Care Camera
Last updated date: July 27, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Car Cameras and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Car Camera you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Car Camera for a detailed review of all the top car cameras.
Connect this car camera to the VAVA dash cam app and you'll be able to share videos and take real-time photos. The camera also has a GPS feature and offers great night vision. The crystal-clear images and 24-hour parking monitoring make this model an excellent choice.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the VAVA 2-Inch LCD Display Dual Dash Care Camera placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
2K Front & 1080P Cabin Dual Dash Cam. Dash cameras capture every detail of the road in crystal-clear clarity (only front 2560x1600@30fps or front 2560x1600@30fps and rear 1920x1080P@30fps) best choice for Uber, taxis, rideshare or Lyft drivers. Superior Sony Night Vision. Dual industry-leading Sony sensor (front IMX335 rear IMX307), F2. 0 6-glass lens and 4 infrared LEDs take videos and pictures with HD clarity – even clearly capturing license plates at night or in low-light conditions. Easy Video Access. VAVA dedicated app makes it convenient to view, record, download and share your recording on social media; built-in GPS calculates your vehicle’s location, driving route, speed and other information of every journey. 24Hr Parking Monitoring. Built-in 320mAh battery dash cam can stay on even when the car is parked and the engine is off, functioning as a surveillance camera system and automatically recording video upon detecting any bumps or physical movement. Smart Witness for Accidents. When the built-in G-sensor detects a sudden shock or collision, the camera will automatically loop record driving incidents and lock video which can be used as important evidence for insurance claims. (Make sure use U3 SD card).
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Car Cameras
There are several reasons someone might want to invest in a car camera. Often, these cameras are able to capture video evidence in the event of a crash or parking incident while providing better rearview vision. Other important features are added to some cameras, making them more functional and appealing.
If you’re in the market for a car camera, you’ll need to decide whether you simply want the unit to replace your rearview mirror or if you want it to have both front and rear view capabilities. There are even dual car cameras out there that provide a view of the car’s inner cabin. This is handy if you have small children in the back that you need to keep an eye on.
Look for a car camera that produces crystal-clear images at a distance. These cameras need to support at least 1080p video recording in order to be able to identify license plate numbers and street signs. Grainy videos and videos that skip aren’t worth it.
Check the car camera for infrared technology. This technology allows you to use the camera at night.
Consider opting for a car camera that comes with a GPS function. Uber, Lyft and taxi drivers will find this feature invaluable. When engaged, the GPS will record your speed and location data and display it on your dash cam.
Review the car camera’s features to make sure they meet your needs. A few common features include loop recording, emergency recording, time-lapse, 24-hour parking monitoring and even parking assist. There are also cameras with large LCD screens and 170-degree viewing angles.
Look for any extras that may set one car camera apart from another. For example, there are car cameras that connect to an app on your phone and allow you to share videos and images on social media, as well as cameras that respond to voice commands so you can use them hands-free.
The Car Camera Buying Guide
- Review all of the parts included with your car camera to make sure you received everything you need to set it up. For example, if the unit comes with front and rear camera capabilities, you should have a dashcam, backup camera with screws and adhesive tape, a car charger, a cable for the rear camera, straps for installing the front camera and a user manual.
- Some car cameras come with a battery, but the battery is meant only for emergency recording. You’ll want to use the included car charger to power the camera.
- It’s important to keep your car camera clean in order to have the best view. When the camera becomes dirty, use water on a cloth or a non-abrasive cleaner to wipe down the unit. You can also use this to clean your car’s camera lenses.
- If your car camera is blurry and you’ve successfully cleaned it, the problem may be with the wiring. Check to see whether any of the wires are split or have become disconnected. Once you fix the wires, the cameras will begin working properly again.
- Check to see if an SD card is included, and if not, which model SD card the manufacturer recommends pairing with the car camera.
- Some car cameras allow you to set a beeping sound to go off any time the camera is turned on or off. That way you know it has been successfully engaged or disengaged.
- A number of features help determine the price of a car camera, including size. Compact models are typically budget-friendly. You’ll pay more for models that are loaded with extra features and equipped with high-definition resolution.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide