Utopia Soft & Absorbent Ring Spun Cotton Dish Towel, 12-Pack
Last updated date: July 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dish Towels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dish Towel you should buy.
In our analysis of 126 expert reviews, the Utopia Utopia Soft & Absorbent Ring Spun Cotton Dish Towel, 12-Pack placed 12th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Dish Towel for a detailed review of all the top dish towels.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Ringspun 100% Cotton for Smoothness Maintain your kitchen surfaces or wipe your hands, while preparing your favorite cuisines, with these premium quality kitchen towels. Made of 100% cotton fabric, these towels possess breathable characteristics which make them perfect for polished surfaces and your hands. Being terry in nature, theses weaves are the most absorbent of all kind with loops on both sides that create extra surface area for completely drying off all surfaces. Indulge with the Best Purchased after much research or handed over as a family heirloom, your expensive crockery deserves the best care, hence these super absorbent and fluffy kitchen towels are there to serve the purpose. Each kitchen towel provides optimal coverage, absorbency, and versatility. Use it in your kitchen or any floored surface and treat yourself with high-quality kitchen towels. Generously sized 15 x 25 inches’ kitchen towel is extra absorbent and practical for quick drying, ample coverage, or comfortable lounging. Professionally hemmed edges are carefully crafted to enhance towel's quality and durability. Kitchen towels are highly absorbent and will remain soft after multiple wash and dry cycles. All these towels are designed using the Dobby Weave to make them almost perfect for daily use. Dobby weave Perfect gift Care instructions Dobby weave for Superior Absorbency The zero twist construction with the added combing process removes the shorter fibers, which helps in reducing shedding and fraying while offering superior absorbency properties with a lightweight feeling. Dobby Weave makes the towels usable on daily basis by making the towels highly absorbent. Towels made with Dobby Weave usually dry up quicker than other towels, thus preventing the build up of bacteria. Perfect Gift for Your Loved Ones Ideal for your kitchen, this towel will give you the most comfortable feel and soft touch base when used. You can even send this towel as a gift to your friend or to your eldest one while sending them off to college. This towel brings an easy convenience to your daily routine. Whether hung together in the kitchen or neatly folded and stacked in the cabinet, you can never go wrong with this. Care Instructions While bleaching softens towels, it also causes them to wear out faster. Always wash new towels before use. Excess dye, chemicals, etc., can still reside in factory produce towels. You may also use fabric softener on towels. To ensure the long life of towels, wash them on a very gentle cycle in cold water before drying them on low setting in a tumbler.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dish Towels
Dish towels are a great tool for any kitchen, and in addition to drying dishes, cups and pots and pans, they can also be used for a variety of other tasks. They double as dust rags, hot pads, picnic basket liners and baby burp cloths. You can even place them over a bowl of dough while it proofs or a batch of cookies while they cool. When you’re ready to shop for a set of dish towels, look for the following qualities:
Make sure the dishtowels are made of all-natural cotton. You don’t want any chemical additives or synthetic fibers. Cotton is known for being able to stand up to repeated washings without shrinking in size or pilling. It’s also highly durable, so you won’t have to replace them very often.
Check the absorbency of the dish towels. The Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels, 12 pk is not only absorbent but also dries quickly. This is important because moisture is what causes bacteria to grow and a quick-drying towel will prevent bacterial growth.
Review the size and shape of the dishtowels to make sure they match your needs. You’ll find some are square in shape, while others are rectangular. Smaller dish towels fit better inside drinking glasses and coffee mugs. The Utopia Kitchen Flour Sack Dish Towels, 12 pk has an extra-large design of 28 by 28 inches. This is ideal for covering hot dishes or cleaning up large messes.
Take patterns into consideration if you’re looking to add a decorative touch to your kitchen or if you’re searching for a dish towel set to give as a gift. The Sticky Toffee Cotton Terry Kitchen Dishcloth, 8 pk has a popcorn terry construction with half of the towels in the pack a solid color and the other half white with a colored stripe pattern.
Look for any extras that set the dishtowel apart from other models. For example, Auntie Em’s Kitchen Kitchen Dish Towels, 13 pk features an attached hanging loop that allows you to organize your towels on a set of hooks.
DWYM Fun Fact
Dish towels derived from the tea towels that were first used in England during the 19th century. Ladies took note of the tea towel’s ability to absorb liquid while leaving tea cups free of lint and scratches. It wasn’t long before the towels were used to dry dishes. Below are a few fun facts that you may not know about dish towels:
- Some dish towels are considered works of art. The New-York Historical Society Museum and Library has a dishtowel designed by Oscar Fabrés in the 50s on display in their Luce Center.
- The first time the phrase “throw in the towel” is believed to be uttered was in 1915 at a boxing match.
- Towel Day is celebrated each year on May 25th. It was a way for fans of “The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy” to remember the creator, Douglas Adams.
The Dish Towel Buying Guide
- While most dish towels can be washed and dried normally, some require drying on low heat. Others recommend washing the dish towels by themselves the first time to keep lint to a minimum.
- Depending on the type of food you’re using in your kitchen, your dish towels may pick up an unpleasant odor or two. To remove the odor, simply toss 1/2 cup of baking soda in the washing machine during the rinse cycle when cleaning the towels.
- In addition to being able to be used as salad spinners, dust cloths and bread bowl liners, dish towels can be utilized in a host of craft projects. You can turn them into an apron, make a dress for a doll, create a scarf, design a tote bag and even make a cute kitchen towel angel.
- There are a few factors that go into the pricing of dish towels. You’ll need to take into consideration the number of towels in each set, the thickness of the towels and any designs that make the towel set stand out. The Utopia Kitchen Flour Sack Dish Towels, 12 pk and the Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels, 12 pk are more basic and on the lower end of the pricing scale, while the Sticky Toffee Cotton Terry Kitchen Dishcloth, 8 pk commands a slightly higher price due to its design and thickness. The Auntie Em’s Kitchen Kitchen Dish Towels, 13 pk has the highest price tag, thanks to the extra towel and added loops that make them a cinch to hang up in the kitchen.