Upgood Silicone Spatula Set
Last updated date: October 8, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spatulas and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spatula you should buy.
Constructed from quality silicone, each spatula in the Upgood Silicone Spatula Set is heat resistant. The internal stainless steel core means you don't have to worry about the spatula bending while mixing together your favorite cake batter. You can even choose a color that matches your kitchen, as the spatula set comes in either gray, black or red. In our analysis of 29 expert reviews, the Upgood Upgood Silicone Spatula Set placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 8, 2019:
Checkout The Best Spatula for a detailed review of all the top spatulas.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Food Family Friends PERIOD. OUR STORY An aspiring chef from Denver, Colorado had a vison. That vision was to create quality kitchen products with personality. After using bland and boring gadgets for many years, the owner of the company decided to add a little flare to the workspace and make culinary tasks more enjoyable. Why can’t the utensils be as beautiful as the food? And that’s how it began . . . OUR COMMITMENT UpGood exists to provide quality kitchen products with the best form, function, and value. We bring character into your home at a practical price point, and allow the everyday chef to have fun in the kitchen. A creative work environment with unlimited freedom is encouraged, while owners and employees stand side by side to deliver the operational excellence and uncompromising commitment needed to become a global leader in the marketplace.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spatulas
No kitchen is complete without a few spatulas that make cooking and baking at home a breeze. The two most basic types of spatulas include sets that are designed to scrape batter and mashed potatoes from the sides of a bowl and individual models that are made to flip pancakes and hamburgers.
When you’re ready to shop for a spatula, consider the following helpful information:
It is important to start off examining the materials used to make the spatula. Silicone is ideal, as it is capable of withstanding high temperatures. Generally, you’ll find they are able to handle heat between 450 and 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Under those temperatures, the spatulas are safe from melting, becoming discolored and even shrinking.
Some models, like the Upgood Silicone Spatula Set, also use an internal stainless steel core to provide added durability. The steel also keeps the handle and core from bending while you’re busy mixing ingredients.
Take a look at the spatula’s handle to make sure you’ll get a comfortable non-slip grip. The GLOUE Silicone Spatula Set features a 3D handle made using an ergonomic design that does just that.
Check for any recommendations or certifications that let you know you’re buying a quality product. For example, the DI ORO Chef Series Premium Turner Silicone Spatula is made using a LFGB Certified Silicone. It’s also BPA-free and approved by the FDA.
Finally, consider any extras. Does the spatula set come in different colors, or does it contain spatulas that are different sizes for completing both big and small tasks? The StarPack Home StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set goes one step further by offering purchasers a free bonus cooking PDF entitled “101 Cooking Tips.”
DWYM Fun Fact
- It isn’t known who exactly was the first person to invent this handy kitchen tool, but it is believed to date back to at least 1525.
- The spatula has been called by many names, such as a turner, flipper and a fish slice. Because spatulas removed all the batter from a bowl, they were referred to as “child cheaters.” Little ones were left without any batter to lick.
- Weird Al Yankovic once created a fake ad for a store called Spatula City in his movie titled “UHF.”
The Spatula Buying Guide
- Thanks to silicone’s ability to withstand heat, spatulas are safe to place in a dishwasher. Of course, they are also a cinch to wash by hand with a little dish soap and warm water.
- Always look for a warranty before making your purchase. That way, if the spatula doesn’t live up to your expectations or doesn’t meet the company’s claims, you can get your money back. Some warranties are only good for a short period of time, while others last forever.
- Check the top of your spatula for a hole. This hole allows you to hang your spatula in your kitchen from a hook. If the spatula doesn’t have one, you can store it upright in a jar with a few other utensils, or place it in a utensil drawer.
- Spatulas have plenty of other uses besides scraping brownie batter. You can use them as a fly swatter, back scratcher, dry wall scraper, snow scraper, clay cutter, plant supporter and even to give your snowman arms in the winter.
- There are several things you need to take into consideration when comparing spatula prices. Start by examining how many spatulas come in the set. Divide that number by the price to know how much you’re paying per spatula. You’ll find the StarPack Home StarPack Basics Silicone Spatula Set and the Upgood Silicone Spatula Set are slightly more expensive than the GLOUE Silicone Spatula Set, even though each set has four spatulas. Next, you’ll want to examine the quality of the spatulas. The DI ORO Chef Series Premium Turner Silicone Spatula has a higher price tag because it is professional grade.