Unique Loom Sofia Collection Vintage Area Rug, 9×12-Foot
Last updated date: June 29, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top 9 x 12 Area Rugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 9 x 12 Area Rug you should buy.
Update as June 29, 2022:
Checkout The Best 9-by-12 Area Rugs for a detailed review of all the top 9 x 12 area rugs.
This long-lasting 9-by-12 area rug is easy to clean and is stain resistant. It won’t shed or crease. The rug is made from polypropylene.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the Unique Loom Sofia Collection Vintage Area Rug, 9x12-Foot placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Transform any space into a travel destination with the Sofia Collection’s French-inspired designs. Overdyed threads make vivid colors pop, capturing all the pizzazz of the high-energy locale. Bon voyage!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On 9 X 12 Area Rugs
If you want to instantly pull a room together, an area rug is what you need. They have the kind of decorative power that can change the look of a space, making it feel more warm, inviting and stylish. However, getting the right rug for the right space isn’t easy. There are a lot of things to consider, such as size and shape, materials, pile, cleaning and more.
A 9-by-12 area rug is a great size for many rooms. However, you want to ensure it’s not going to be too big or two small for your space. Ideally, you should have about one to two feet of space around the circumference of the room that is floor space not covered up by the rug. You also don’t want the rug to be too small, otherwise it will get lost under the coffee table or couch. Be sure to use painter’s tape on the floor and mark out where the 9-by-12 area rug will go. This will help you to visualize the rug in your space to ensure this size works for your room.
When it comes to rug styles, there are countless options to choose from. The aesthetic of the rug will be eye-catching simply because of its size, so it’s important to ensure that it matches with the aesthetic of the rest of your space. Keep in mind, however, that you can mix and match styles throughout your home, as long as you have some level of cohesion. Traditional rugs have Persian, Moroccan and similar looks, with lots of patterns that involve curved lines. Contemporary rugs are more geometric in nature, and can also include country or farmhouse styles. Another option is bohemian rugs which can use a mixture of traditional and contemporary patterns and colors.
The 9 X 12 Area Rug Buying Guide
- What is the best material for a 9-by-12 area rug? It depends on your needs and your lifestyle. Natural fibers such as wool, silk, cotton and jute are durable and long-lasting. They are also good at hiding dirt and soil. However, they are on the pricy end of the spectrum and will require frequent cleaning. Synthetic fibers such as acrylic and polyester are easy to clean and stain resistant. They are also more affordable than rugs made from natural fibers. However, they may need to be replaced sooner than natural fiber rugs because they don’t last as long. Artificial silk is another option, which is very affordable. However, it is viscous and absorbent, so it attracts moisture.
- The pile of the rug, or how dense and thick it is, has to do with aesthetic and performance factors. Low-pile rugs have short fibers and loops. This makes them durable enough for high-traffic areas. High-pile rugs have tall and loose fibers, which makes them incredibly soft and plush. More pile can increase the performance of the rug because it is thicker and better insulated.
- In addition to the rug, be sure to also get a rug pad that goes underneath. They help to keep the rug in place instead of slipping all over the floor. Rug pads also add cushioning and prevent damage.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide