UHOO Indoor 9-In-1 Smart Temperature & Humidity Air Quality Monitor
Last updated: June 1, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Air Quality Monitors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Air Quality Monitor you should buy.
Get a complete analysis of the air quality in your home at various times throughout the day using this handy air quality monitor. It takes just minutes to set up and connect to an app on your phone. The device then checks the levels of nine different categories, such as dust, carbon monoxide and temperature.In our analysis of 63 expert reviews, the UHOO Indoor 9-In-1 Smart Temperature & Humidity Air Quality Monitor placed 10th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
THE WORLD’S MOST ADVANCED MONITOR – You can breathe freely and easily when you know what’s in your air. Only uHoo’s air quality monitor provides a fully comprehensive analysis by measuring indoor temperature, humidity, dust, toxins, nitrogen dioxide, carbon dioxide, ozone, air pressure, and more. Your asthma, allergies, and sleep quality all suffer when indoor air is unclean. Don’t let impurities impacts your overall health, happiness, and productivity. uHoo tests the air, and the uHoo mobile app streamlines your data for personalized tips to achieve the safest atmosphere possible. Clean breathing in any indoor environment is finally possible. The uHoo system syncs with any IFTTT-compatible device. It works with Nest, Roomba, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and more for anything from scheduled cleanings to 24/7 climate control. You can even record your data on Google Spreadsheet using IFTTT. With uHoo, advanced technology is simpler than ever. Just plug in your uHoo, connect to WiFi, and receive round-the-clock feedback through 9 precisely calibrated sensors. All you need is a stable network and a smartphone or tablet with iOS 9 or newer or Android 4.3 or newer. Barely bigger than a coffee mug, your uHoo easily doubles as a sleek piece of home or office decor. Stay powered and protected with uHoo’s high-performance ARM-based processor and 128-bit AES encryption via SSL. Only uHoo has 9 built-in air quality detectors that evaluate every key factor in healthy, hygienic air: Temperature, Humidity, Carbon Dioxide, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
Dust (Particulate Matter 2.5 / PM2.5), Nitrogen Dioxide, Ozone, Air pressure…and more!
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Air Quality Monitor Rankings
It’s estimated that most people spend 90% of their time inside. That means almost all the air we breathe throughout any given day is indoor air. It makes sense then to learn exactly what is in the air that we breathe and what the levels of those potential contaminants are. Once a person is armed with this information, he or she can take steps to change the environment for the better.
Air quality monitors are now made for home use, but you’ll need to do your homework before deciding on a specific model. This is because not all air quality monitors test for the same things. Some models are also more tech-savvy, which may not be ideal for those who prefer a simple readout that is easy to understand.
Start off reviewing which contaminates the air quality monitor is capable of identifying. For example, some models test the air for formaldehyde, total natural and synthetic volatile organic compounds, carbon dioxide and fine particulate dust matter. Other monitors also track the temperature and humidity of the air, as well as the air pressure and ozone levels.
Determine whether you need a stationary air quality monitor or one that is more portable. Some models can actually be used for both purposes, as they have the ability to spot-check a hotel room or continuously run for two days to provide you with a more accurate picture of the air quality in your bedroom.
Look at how the results of the air quality test are provided to the end-user. For example, some monitors are more simple to use and feature an easy-to-read LED display. The units are color-coded with green indicating that the air quality is good, yellow revealing moderate air quality levels and red showing that the air has reached unhealthy levels.
Individuals who are more tech-savvy and who prefer a more detailed report will want to go with a unit that connects to an app on your smartphone, so you can log in and review your results. The app is also able to provide feedback and helpful tips to improve the health of the air in your home. The device is even compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Other models also work with Nest and Roomba.
- Air quality monitors that are powered by wall adapters often have cables that are difficult to hide.
- Some air quality monitors pair with a smartphone app, so look for compatibility with your phone’s operating system when making a purchasing decision.
- Most air quality monitors do not test for things like carbon monoxide and mold, so you’ll still want to install carbon monoxide detectors in your home, too. If you suspect you have a mold problem, you can also buy mold detection kits.
- You may find some air quality monitors are off by a couple of degrees or micrometers. For the most part, this isn’t too much of an issue. If you need more accurate results, however, you’ll want to invest in a more top-of-the-line model.
- It is important to note that some air quality monitors run loudly, while others are much quieter. If you have an infant at home or you consider yourself a light sleeper, you may want to search for a quiet model.
- Some air quality monitors are battery-operated. You’ll need to check whether the batteries are included or whether you need to purchase them separately.
- Portable air quality monitors can be used to test the air quality in your car, office, basement or hotel room.
- If you suffer from severe allergies or asthma, an air quality monitor is an excellent investment. You’ll have the information you need to keep your attacks to a minimum. For example, if you notice the dust matter levels rising, you’ll know it’s time to change your home air filters.
- Monitors that connect to an app on your phone are often able to track the changes in your air quality over a specified period of time. This is a great way to identify any unhealthy patterns, so you can make any necessary changes.
- Some of the apps used in conjunction with the air quality monitors are only compatible with 2.4 G Wi-Fi. They won’t work over Wi-Fi or 5.0GHz connections.
- Many of the monitors can also be taken outside to get a snapshot of the air surrounding your home.
- Air quality monitors vary slightly in price based on their design and integration with today’s technology.