Tree to Tub Organic Dry Skin Body Lotion, Lavender
Last updated date: January 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Organic Hand Lotions For Dry Skin and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Organic Hand Lotion For Dry Skin you should buy.
Able to soothe a variety of dry skin conditions, Tree to Tub Organic Dry Skin Body Lotion, Lavender is an excellent choice for anyone in need of an all-natural hand lotion. Dermatologists recommend Tree to Tub and deem it safe for use on children. In addition to its contribution to healthier skin, the product's fresh lavender scent also has a calming effect. In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the Tree to Tub Tree to Tub Organic Dry Skin Body Lotion, Lavender placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Organic Hand Lotion For Dry Skin for a detailed review of all the top organic hand lotions for dry skin.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Organic Body Lotion; Best Lotion for Dry Skin; Body Lotion for Dry Skin; Body Cream for Dry Skin Wrap Your Body In Quenching Hydration Experts agree, when you balance your skin’s pH instead of just coating it in oils, it naturally balances its own moisture! So Tree To Tub's moisturizing Shea Butter lotion contains the pH-balancing wild Soapberry. Along with Organic Soothing Botanicals like Cocoa Butter, Colloidal Oatmeal, Chamomile, it nourishes, hydrates and prevents irritation, all quickly absorbed, leaving no greasy residue. And that's why this naturally-scented Relaxing Lavender lotion is what every sensitive dry skin is thirsting for. Balances skin pH (5.5) with soothing Soapberry Organic Moisture Botanicals: hydrating Shea Butter, nourishing Cocoa Butter, soothing Oatmeal, calming Chamomile, and healing Aloe Vera Gentle, Relaxing Lavender essential oil scent (100% natural) For Dry Skin and eczema, winter dryness, flaking, dry hands and feet Free from Sulfates, SLS, Parabens, Silicone, DEA/MEA, Gluten, and Artificial Fragrance. Dermatologist Recommended—safe and gentle. Cruelty Free, Vegan, Fair Trade, Ecosystem Friendly and Sustainable Comes with a Free Gift of a wild, sun-dried Soapberry! Suitable for Women, Men, Kids A Grandma’s Love In Michael's childhood in Taiwan, nothing seemed to help his red bumps and irritated skin, even doctor's medications. Knowing this, his grandma consulted her indigenous friends, and brought home the wild Soapberries, that eventually balanced and rid his painful sensitive skin. We can’t all have a special grandma like that, so 20 years later Michael decided to pay her wisdom forwards with Tree to Tub, bringing Eastern-inspired, pH 5.5, gentle skincare to sensitive skins across the world. Read more Our Way, from Tree To Tub Sustainable Harvesting Every fall we harvest soapberries in the eco-reserves of Taiwan. Everything is protected and not a single tree cut down. Even better than organic, our soapberries are wild, sustainable and inspired by ancient traditions to preserve harmony and support a better world. Zen Processing After harvest, we dry the wild soapberries out in the warm southern sun, and when the conditions are perfect, we separate the seeds from the fruits. Nothing is wasted in processing, and especially not the soapberry seed, which we use to make sacred meditation beads. Gentle Extraction After separating the seed from each berry by hand, the fruits go through our patented sustainable extraction process. Inspired by ancient traditions, we gently extract the saponin-rich essence, blend it with other precious botanicals, and then transport to San Francisco.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Organic Hand Lotions For Dry Skin
You use your hands continuously throughout the day, so leaving dry cracked skin untreated on your hands can be quite painful. Fortunately, using a hand lotion regularly can keep your limbs hydrated and healthy.
Organic hand lotions are ideal, as they are free from parabens and polysorbates. Individuals who suffer from sensitive skin will also want to look for a lotion that is listed as hypoallergenic. The Puracy Organic Hand & Body Lotion is one such brand. It was created by doctors to be free of fragrances and other known irritants. It can be used on individuals of all skin types.
If you have children in the home who also suffer from dry skin, look for a formula that is dermatologist recommended and listed as gentle and safe for use on kids. You’ll find the Tree to Tub Organic Dry Skin Body Lotion, Lavender is a good choice for all members of the family.
Carefully review all of the ingredients in the organic hand lotion for dry skin. There are certain elements that you want to keep an eye out for, such as aloe, vitamin E and lavender essential oil. The Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion, Lavender includes these, as well as a host of other botanicals and essential oils that provide health to your skin.
Some individuals experience dry skin on more than just their hands. In that case, you’ll want to look for a lotion, like the Everyone Organic Hand & Body Lotion, Coconut & Lemon, that is also made for use on the body and face.
DWYM Fun Fact
Many organic hand lotions formulated for dry skin contain similar ingredients. Below is a list of some of those ingredients and their known health benefits.
- Vitamin E: This essential vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that helps repair cells damaged by free radicals. It also promotes collagen growth to increase the elasticity of the skin and is an effective moisturizer.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter is rich in vitamins A and E. It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe conditions like eczema, and it not only hydrates the skin but also provides a protective layer that stops UV rays from causing damage.
- Lavender Essential Oil: While this oil emits a pleasant fragrance that has a calming effect, it’s added to hand lotions because it has the ability to aid in the healing of cuts and bruises. It can also soothe irritated skin that may be dry and cracked.
The Organic Hand Lotion For Dry Skin Buying Guide
- If you choose to apply the organic hand lotion to your face also, it is important that you avoid getting the lotion in your eyes. If you do, flush out your eyes with water right away and contact Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.
- Always test a small area of your skin for allergic reactions. Just because a product is organic, doesn’t mean you can’t be sensitive to one of its ingredients.
- It’s good practice to reapply hand lotion every time your hands get wet. This is true whether you are washing your hands after using the restroom, washing dishes in the sink or giving your small child a bath. Water hydrates your body on the inside but dries it out on the outside. The lotion will restore the loss of moisture to your skin.
- In order to give a fair comparison of the price of each organic hand lotion, you’ll need to divide the price by the number of ounces. You can then compare the price per ounce. The Everyone Organic Hand & Body Lotion, Coconut & Lemon and the Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion, Lavender are among the most affordable, while the Puracy Organic Hand & Body Lotion, Fragrance Free and the Tree to Tub Organic Dry Skin Body Lotion, Lavender command a much higher price.