Travel Select Amsterdam Expandable Softside Traveler Suitcase, 29-Inch
Last updated date: October 24, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Traveler Suitcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Traveler Suitcase you should buy.
The interior of this traveler suitcase not only expands, but has zippered mesh pockets and other dedicated spaces for smaller items. The bag itself is very light and includes a strap for securing your carry-on bag. In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the Travel Select Travel Select Amsterdam Softside Suitcase, 29-Inch placed 2nd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best Traveler Suitcase for a detailed review of all the top traveler suitcases.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Push-button locking internal retractable handle system. Maximum strength industrial hardware. Dual top and side carry handles. Built-in ID window on back panel. Add-a-bag strap and clasp for toting additional bag easily. Elegantly fully imprinted interior lining with elastic tie-down straps. Large interior zippered mesh lid pocket and dual shoe pockets. Corner protected in-line skate with metal ball-bearing wheel system. Made of superior and durable 1200D 2-tone polyester with PVC backing. EVA Front panel padding for added protection. Front zipper pocket, top carry handle and a trolley strap Rolling wheels allow for easy transportation Expandable zipper pocket allows you to store extra items Product Dimensions: 25” H x 15” W x 9” D (expands to 11 in. D).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Traveler Suitcases
In 2018 alone, $761.7 billion was spent on travel for leisure and another $327.3 billion was spent on business travel. If you find yourself traveling fairly often, you’ll want to invest in a quality traveler suitcase.
As you browse available suitcases, you’ll notice they either come in a hard outer shell or a nylon fabric. The hard shell luggage is more durable, while the nylon fabric bag is more lightweight. If you do opt for the nylon suitcase, make sure it has a water and stain-resistant coating.
Determine how much space you require, as there are traveler suitcases that have the ability to expand. Typically, the expanders are able to give you as much as 15% more room.
If carrying a suitcase during travel is hard for you, you’ll want to look for a model that has both 360-degree spinner wheels and an adjustable telescoping handle. All you have to do is push a button to release the handle and then pull the bag to your destination.
Safety is also a concern, especially if the items you pack have sentimental or financial value. You have the option of going with a traveler suitcase that is already equipped with a TSA lock or purchasing one separately.
DWYM Fun Fact
In 2018, Americans took 1.8 billion trips for leisure and 463.6 million trips for business. Here are a few more fun facts about U.S. residents that travel:
- Generation Xers spend more on summer vacations than baby boomers or millennials.
- Travel within the U.S. supports a total of 15.7 million jobs.
- The most popular state to visit in 2019 was Florida with California coming in second. New York, Texas and the city of Las Vegas tied for third.
- Traveling solo is growing in popularity. Of the individuals who choose to travel solo, 85% are women and 15% are men.
The Traveler Suitcase Buying Guide
- Most traveler suitcases come with an inside accessory pocket and a set of compression straps; however, there are some models that offer exterior and side pockets for better organization.
- Review the airline’s limits on luggage size and weight. You don’t want to get to the airport and find out that your suitcase or carry-on weighs too much or is too big to fit in the overhead compartment.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has a website with all of the rules and regulations as to what you can and cannot pack in your bags.
- Size and extra features play a big role in the price of traveler suitcases. You’ll find the COOLIFE Expandable Spinner Suitcase, 20-Inch expands to 28-inches and is much bigger than the U.S. Traveler Rio Fabric Expandable Traveler Suitcase, 2-Piece, which means it costs a great deal more. Additionally, the TTravel Select Amsterdam Softside Suitcase, 29-Inch has an abundance of extra features, such as four organizational pockets, that makes it more valuable than the American Tourister Moonlight Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch. That means you can expect to pay a bit more at checkout.