TrailHeads Race Day Performance Men’s Running Hat
Last updated date: August 9, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Running Hats For Men and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Running Hat For Men you should buy.
Update as August 9, 2022:
Checkout The Best Running Hats For Men for a detailed review of all the top running hats for men.
Incredibly lightweight at just 2 ounces and amazingly comfortable to wear, this 100% polyester mesh sports hat’s breathable construction allows air to flow as you move. It also has reflective accents on the brim, side and back for visibility.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the TrailHeads Race Day Performance Men’s Running Hat placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Great for running, hiking, tennis and other outdoor activities the TrailHeads Race Day Performance Running Cap is the perfect exercise companion in warm weather. This quick dry, sport cap for men is a one-size-fits-most workout accessory that is useful for exercising and outdoor adventures. It has an adjustable Velcro closure to fit a variety of head sizes. Reflective accents on the brim and the Velcro tab add an element of safety and visibility to low light workouts or evening walks. This baseball-style cap is very comfortable and lightweight. The light polyester mesh fabric allows air to flow through freely, keeping you from overheating. The dark underbill of the cap reduces glare, sparing your eyes from strong sunlight. The simple design of the Race Day Running Cap fits with any casual or workout attire. This performance cap is machine washable, delicate cycle, and air dries quickly for hassle-free cleaning. Designed for men and women; one size fits most. A great running hat, this low profile, unstructured cap is also perfect for golf, tennis, fishing, sailing, daily walks, and more of your favorite summer sports.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Running Hats For Men
Although runners tend to focus more on their footwear and clothing, a reliable running cap is just as important because it can impact your health. This hat protects from UV rays that can lead to skin cancer, as long as the color is bright or dark enough to prevent the sun from getting through. It’s best to avoid pale colors when choosing running hats for this very reason. Also, look for hats with brims that are wide enough to keep the sun completely out of your eyes, unless you are wearing a pair of sunglasses.
Running caps also prevent heatstroke and keep your head at the proper temperature as you move because you don’t want to overheat. Most are made from polyester, which repels water and has UV protection. Choose lightweight, moisture-wicking materials like this for summer running caps, and look for added features like mesh panels that allow for more airflow. If you run at night, reflective panels and neon colors will make you more visible to others.
If your hair is longer and you ponytail it when working out, be sure that the running cap has a big enough opening in the back. Adjustable closures are necessary no matter the hair length, but remember that long hair can get stuck in Velcro (also called hook-and-loop). Buckles can work well, but some people don’t like them because they can feel them in the back; this is a matter of personal preference. Other choices include plastic snaps, sliding adjusters and bungee pulls.
The Running Hat For Men Buying Guide
- Some running hats also have built-in UPF technology that offers more sun damage protection.
- You can also find running caps with DWR (durable water repellent) finish. This finish makes them more water-resistant, but you won’t be able to remain completely dry when out in the rain.
- Flexibility is also crucial for running caps; avoid trucker-style hats that do not bend.
- Running caps should be soft, but they won’t hold their form and do their job if they are too floppy.
- All-around mesh panels can be very cooling, but you might want to spray sunscreen on your head for extra protection.
- Some running hats have a bit of wool inside the brims to help manage sweat and odor.
- Hats with shorter brims will not provide as much face protection from the sun.
- Unless the manufacturer’s label says otherwise, do not launder running hats in the washing machine; hand wash and air dry them in most cases.
- If your running cap is giving you a headache, loosen the closure.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide