TRADEBENT Morphing Magnetic Putty, 2-Pack
Last updated date: April 24, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Magnetic Putties and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Magnetic Putty you should buy.
In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the TRADEBENT TRADEBENT Morphing Magnetic Putty, 2-Pack placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Magnetic Putty for a detailed review of all the top magnetic putties.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The TRADEBENT Morphing Magnetic Slime can help you to handle all these situations and much more. Safe and Healthy: This clay for slime is 100% non-toxic, and your children can play with it for hours without any danger. The highly magnetic magic clay is non-sticky and will never leave any residue on hands or any mess behind. Enhances Creativity: This never drying magnetic slime provides your child with the opportunity to utilize their creativity to make unique models. The slime helps them in learning various new things, like learning about the magnetic field, designing unique sculptures, and much more. Beneficial For All: The therapy putty helps in enhancing the mind focus and releases tension in adults. The thinking putty helps in enhancing the mindfocus and makes concentrating on the task in hand easier. Premium Quality: Made from premium quality material, the thinking putty is highly magnetic and non-sticky so that you can have a clean and convenient fun time. The therapy putty will not leave any residue on your hands, which means fun without any mess. Highly Functional:The magnetic putty is highly stretchable, just like rubber, and can be molded into any shape or form and can even be molded like clay. Stretch it, tear it, bounce it, pop it, sculpt it, or whatever you want to do with it. Have lots of fun in making various shapes and sculptures from the never drying stress putty.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Magnetic Putties
You likely have at least encountered Silly Putty at some point in your life, so it’s understandable that you’d want to introduce it to your children. But Silly Putty has seen various versions over the years, including those that glow in the dark and change colors.
Silly Putty is actually a viscoelastic liquid that also has some elastic to it. The hydrogen bonds between the molecules in Silly Putty can be easily broken, but the design of the material breaks it down more as increasing pressure is applied. This makes Silly Putty especially malleable, which is why you can go from bouncing it on the floor to stretching it out.
A new trend in Silly Putty involves making it magnetic. Instead of merely stretching the putty around using your fingers, this means you can apply pressure with a magnet. This adds an extra element of fun for children while also making it a tool for teaching how magnets work. But it’s also a fun toy for adults, who find it can work as a stress reliever, similar to the many other stress-relieving toys found on desks.
To make silly putty magnetic, manufacturers add iron oxide particles to the material. Simply hold a magnet close by and the putty turns into a “blob,” gradually swallowing the magnet in a way that’s fun and entertaining.
But magnetic putty isn’t just for playtime. The material also has practical uses. Astronauts have used it to suspend items in space, and it’s been used underwater to test structures and pipes for damage.
It’s important to note that you can’t just use any magnet with this type of putty. To get the material to swallow the magnet in the way you want, you’ll need an extra-strong magnet that has ferromagnetic properties. Even with the right type of magnet, though, you may find you’ll need plenty of patience since the process can take a while.
DWYM Fun Fact
Silly Putty has an interesting history. It was invented by an engineer named James Wright, who was looking for an inexpensive substitute for rubber during World War II. He accidentally dropped some of the boric acid he was working with into silicone oil and discovered it created an interesting type of material. Although his invention didn’t take off with the government, a businessman later noted the fun that people were having with it at a party and decided to turn it into a toy. It originally came out at Easter, which explains why Silly Putty has historically been packaged in plastic eggs.
The Magnetic Putty Buying Guide
- You’ll need a specific type of magnet for magnetic putty to perform at its best. Check to make sure your magnetic putty comes with a magnet to save yourself the trouble of tracking one down.
- Not all silly putty is safe for children of all ages. Look at the recommended ages of the magnetic putty you’re buying before you make your purchase.
- Keep in mind that even though putty isn’t designed to be eaten, younger children will sometimes try to ingest it. Even if it isn’t eaten, children could touch it and put their fingers in their mouths. Carefully check the list of ingredients and make sure younger children are supervised while they’re playing with it.
- If a member of your household has gluten sensitivities, you can find magnetic putty that’s gluten free. There’s also putty that’s free of latex for households sensitive to that.
- Flexibility varies widely between putties. Some have a more liquid-like structure that creates an ooze. This can be fun for watching the material swallow the magnet, but if you want a putty you can form into shapes or bounce, you’ll want to stick with one that has a thicker structure.
- Multipacks are great if you have more than one child, but they can also make fun gifts for parties and sleepovers. You can buy them in packs going as high as the hundreds, so look for that if that’s something you’re considering.
- When it comes to colors, there’s no limit to what you’ll find with magnetic putty. They often come in bright, vibrant colors. If you want to make things more interesting, track down a pack that has a variety of colors. This can also be useful in giving each child in your household a different-colored putty he can call his own.