Tovolo Sweet Treat Tight-Fitting Ice Cream Container
Last updated date: August 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Cream Containers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Cream Container you should buy.
Editor's Note August 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Cream Container for a detailed review of all the top ice cream containers.
Attractive colors and an easy-to-remove lid make the Tovolo Ice Cream Tub stand out from competitors. The lid's silicone build means it can also be used with other containers. This container uses the material itself as insulation, so you may not get the protection you find with other ice cream containers.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Tovolo Tovolo Sweet Treat Tight-Fitting Ice Cream Container placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keep your favorite ice cream, gelato or sorbet at the ready for you to dive in to. Our 1 quart Sweet Treat Tubs are great for letting everyone create their favorite mix-ins to add to homemade frozen desserts. The silicone lid goes on and off easily and keep your homemade treats fresh. Go ahead, eat straight from the tub, we won't tell. At Tovolo, we believe time spent cooking should be fun and we are honored to be a part of that experience in each home that uses our products. We challenge ourselves to improve the performance, function, and appearance of kitchen tools. Something as simple as a silicone spatula moves us to create the perfect experience for our customers. We obsess over every detail to ensure that our spatula will outperform expectations. However, performance alone is not enough; we want to put a smile on the customer’s face as well. Whether it is our Spatulart silicone spatulas, our assortment of frozen pop molds or our whimsically shaped ice molds, we strive to add a colorful element of fun to each of our items, to do just that.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Cream Containers
Space can be at a premium in some freezers, making a half-gallon of ice cream a tight squeeze. Further complicating matters is the fact that manufacturer ice cream containers are hardly well insulated, which means that unless your household goes through a half-gallon quickly, freezer burn is a real risk. At the very least, your ice cream won’t taste as fresh after you’ve opened it and stored it.
Ice cream containers provide a great alternative to traditional paper-based ice cream boxes and canisters. You’ll get a well-insulated build with a tight-sealing lid to keep air out and protect your ice cream from freezer burn. But there are also pint-sized paper-based containers that sell in bulk quantities for distributing ice cream as gifts. If you’re having a party or just want portion control, a paper-based container can be a great way to go.
Whether made from paper or insulated plastic, though, ice cream containers can go beyond storing ice cream. This is especially true of smaller ones that can be used for storing soup or snacks. If you’re just looking for a container to replace your half gallons of ice cream, though, go with a larger one that has plenty of space for sliding in an ice cream scoop.
The Ice Cream Container Buying Guide
- One of the biggest differentiating factors between ice cream containers is capacity. You’ll get containers that can hold one quart or six ounces. The larger quart size is for transferring half-gallon ice cream container contents, but those products actually contain 1.5 quarts of ice cream. That means you may need to split your ice cream between two containers unless you transfer it after you’ve enjoyed a bowl or two.
- Look at the build of the ice cream container you’re buying. Some containers have thin, narrow designs that will fit right in the door of your freezer, while others have stackable lids that make it easy to pile them in the corner.
- Some ice cream canisters have a panel that allows you to write in ink what’s inside. You could use this to label the contents and even add in the date it was put in the freezer.
- Since you’ll be storing your ice cream containers in the freezer, you’ll likely find they’re all freezer-safe. But some are also dishwasher and microwave safe. If this is important to you, look for that in the containers you choose.
- Ice cream containers aren’t just for ice cream. They not only extend to gelato and sorbet, but you can also use them for items like baby food, soup, snacks and more. This is especially relevant if you’re buying pint-size containers that can easily be slipped inside your tote bag when you leave the house.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide