Tourna USAPA Approved Pickleball Balls, 12-Pack
Last updated date: July 2, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pickleball Balls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pickleball Ball you should buy.
Update as July 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Pickleball Balls for a detailed review of all the top pickleball balls.
Designed for outdoor court surfaces, these pickleball balls are bright yellow for easy visibility. The set includes 12 balls, all of which feature 40 holes that are designed to minimize wind resistance for a better flight pattern. The balls are a great choice for players of all skill levels.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Tourna USAPA Approved Pickleball Balls, 12-Pack placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Tourna Strike Outdoor Pickleball is ideal for outdoor play or outdoor court surfaces. USAPA Approved for Tournament and Sanctioned play, meets USAPA/IFP Specifications for Construction, Size, Weight, Bounce, Hardness, and Design. 12 outdoor pickleballs per pack come in a reusable mesh bag. A diameter of 74mm and weight 24.5 grams is ideal for all skill levels. Features a lively bounce with mid-range hardness for an all-around true and fun feel. 40 small precisely drilled holes designed to minimize wind interference and to create a balanced and straight flight pattern. The official ball of the Tyson McGuffin Signature Pickleball Camps. High visibility yellow.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pickleball Balls
Pickleball was invented back in 1965, when a couple of friends started playing around with ping-pong paddles and perforated plastic balls on a tennis court. It is similar to tennis, but is played with smaller paddles and on a smaller court.
The game has become wildly popular, and there are indoor and outdoor local leagues, plus regional and national championships. There are official rules for play, and regulations that apply to everything from paddle sizes to the pickleballs themselves.
In addition to regulations on ball size and appearance, there are specifications for bounce heights, hardness and the number of holes around the surface. If you plan to play more than casually, you should take these rules into consideration when purchasing a ball.
The Pickleball Ball Buying Guide
- When shopping for pickleballs, look for ones that meet USAPA standards, which is something that should be boasted about in the item description.
- The per-pickleball price goes down when you buy them in larger quantities.
- If the pickleballs don’t come with a carrying bag, you can store them in a gym bag. Just make sure you leave the court with as many balls as you came with!
- Just like tennis balls, high-performance pickleballs do not last forever. You can expect anywhere from three to 10 games, depending on weather conditions and type of play, before they need to be replaced.
- Yellow pickleballs are designed for indoor play, while orange ones are for outdoor games.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide