Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Down Jacket
Last updated date: February 6, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Men's Down Jackets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Men's Down Jacket you should buy.
Editor's Note February 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Men’s Down Puffer Jacket for a detailed review of all the top men's down jackets.
The Tommy Hilfiger Men's Down Jacket is stylish and sensible. It comes with screen-printed directions for packing on the inside pocket, as well as a packable bag.
In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Hilfiger Men's Down Jacket placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Shell: 100% Nylon. Imported. Machine Wash. Channel-quilted zip-front jacket featuring side-entry hand pockets and down feather padding. Logo at left chest. Standing collar. Comes with drawstring bag for packing jacket.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Men's Down Jackets
Whether you spend a lot of time outdoors for work or pleasure, a down jacket is a must. These coats are excellent insulators, as they are made up of either duck or geese feathers. They typically have a puffer design because the air pockets are able to hold in heat, which in turn keeps you nice and warm. When you’re ready to shop for a men’s down jacket, there are a few questions you’ll want to ask yourself first.
Determine which outdoor activities you plan on taking part in while wearing the jacket. Choose a lightweight jacket for a fall hike, but a thicker jacket for skiing down a mountain in the middle of winter.
Check the jacket’s outer material to determine whether it’s water-resistant. For example, the Columbia Men’s Frost Fighter Puffer Jacket is made with an Omni-Shield water and stain repellent shell fabric. If it starts to rain during your camping trip, the water will simply roll off the jacket and you’ll continue to stay warm.
Consider the fit of the jacket. Models like the Amazon Essentials Men’s Lightweight Down Jacket come with elasticized cuffs and stand-up collars. Not only do these features offer a snug fit, but they also keep the cold air from going up your sleeve or around your neck.
Does the jacket come with any extras? The Marmot Tullus Hoody Men’s Winter Puffer Jacket is one model that also offers a hood for face protection and zipper pockets that are designed to keep your hands warm. Then there’s the XPOSURZONE Men’s Down Quilted Puffer Jacket, which has a color-matching bag for packing the jacket when heading out on a weekend excursion.
Once you find a down jacket that meets your requirements, browse the model’s color and pattern choices. You may want to choose a bright orange when you need to be more visible, such as when you visit an outdoor shooting range, or a camo pattern for the times you want to blend in with the nature around you.
The Men's Down Jacket Buying Guide
- Always check the product label before placing your down jacket in the wash. Most models are machine washable, but it’s best to be sure. Make sure you brush off any dirt from the jacket and then use the cold water setting to wash it. Finish cleaning the jacket using the low heat setting on your dryer.
- When storing a men’s down jacket during the summer months, always make sure the jacket can breathe. It is best to cover it with paper instead of plastic and set it in a cool dry location.
- If your down jacket starts to compress after it’s been packed away for the summer, simply place it in the dryer on low heat and it will puff back up. You can also place two tennis balls in the dryer at the same time to further assist the jackets in returning to their normal puffy state.
- In the event that a feather begins to protrude from the jacket, resist the temptation to pull it out. Instead, push it back in and seal the hole. You can buy a precut patch or an adhesive sticker made specifically for down jackets, or you can use a little duct tape if you’re in a pinch.
- When comparing men’s down jackets, you need to separate the jackets into two categories. The lightweight jackets, like the Amazon Essentials Men’s Lightweight Down Jacket and the XPOSURZONE Men’s Down Quilted Puffer Jacket, won’t have as much fill and are more versatile. They also cost less because they use less material. Heavier down jackets, such as the Columbia Men’s Frost Fighter Puffer Jacket and the Marmot Tullus Hoody Men’s Winter Puffer Jacket, are designed to keep you warmer during harsh weather conditions. As a result, you can expect to pay a little more for that model.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide