Therm Waterproof Boys’ Coats
Last updated date: April 5, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Boys' Coats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Boys' Coat you should buy.
Update as April 5, 2021:
Checkout The Best Boys’ Coats for a detailed review of all the top boys' coats.
This coat is ideal for cold winter weather, featuring extra insulation and thermal fleece lining. The coat is comfortable, lightweight and breathable. It’s perfect for skiing and other outdoor activities.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the Therm Waterproof Boys' Coats placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WINTER WEATHER: The winter coat is padded with 120gsm ultralite insulation, with thermal fleece lining and a 10,000mm waterproof, 100% windproof shell to keep kids warm and dry in rain, wind and snow. SENSORY FRIENDLY: The soft fleece lining in these winter jackets for girls and boys are provides a comfortable, breathable feel against the body. With zip closure, fleece pockets, and handwarmer cuffs. MOUNTAIN READY: These waterproof jackets also have pass pockets, adjustable hem, contoured hood and fleece lined collar. A versatile ski jacket or day to day winter coat for toddler to big kids. SUSTAINABLE: Made with 100% rPET fabric, from GRS certified recycled plastic. We ensure all of our premium quality coats for girls and boys are durable, comfortable, and machine washable. RISK FREE: If the jacket isn't right for you for any reason, we invite you to return for a full refund or exchange. Shop our complete line of high quality, sustainable kids winter coats and outdoor wear.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Boys' Coats
A little cold weather won’t keep boys indoors. Rain, snow, sleet or hail, it’s likely they still want to go and explore the great outdoors. Whether it’s building a snowman with their friends, going for a hike or just riding their bikes down the street, kids love being outside. That’s why it’s best to find a warm, waterproof and comfortable coat for boys so that they stay toasty while playing in the cold.
When it comes to winter coats for boys, one of the most important features to look for is waterproofing. While the outer material should repel water, you also have to ensure that the stitching has been sealed to prevent water from coming in through the seams. Look for coats that specifically say they are waterproof. “Resistant to water,” which is labeled on some coats, does not mean waterproof.
In addition to staying dry, you want to ensure boys stay warm while outside. The kind of insulation within the coat will affect its warmth. Some coats are rated by the temperature they provide warmth in, such as “up to -20 degrees.” Consider your winter climate and how much warmth kids will need. With insulation, there are two main options: down and synthetic. Both materials are great at trapping in heat close to the body so kids feel toasty.
The Boys' Coat Buying Guide
- While being warm outside is important, you want to ensure kids don’t get too warm. Otherwise, they may start to sweat, which can be uncomfortable in cold weather. Look for material on boys’ coats that is lightweight and breathable.
- Ensure that your child knows how to independently put on and take off their winter coat. Check out what kind of fasteners the coat has, such as zippers or buttons, and show them how to do it up. With this kind of independence, kids have more confidence in their abilities. It also provides a sense of safety when they can get themselves dressed and undressed on their own.
- Winter coats are functional and useful fashion items, but they can also be used to express a sense of style. Consider whether your child prefers neutral colors like black or grey for their winter coat, or if they want something bolder like red or blue. You can also get printed coats for boys with abstract designs in fun colors.
- Be sure to check the sizing chart and measure your child accordingly. Some brands size differently, so it’s best to consult the sizing chart before buying. Resist the temptation to get a coat that is too big for your child, hoping they will grow into it. If the coat is too large, it will be uncomfortable to wear.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide