The G Grip Under Cabinet Mounted Jar Opener
Last updated date: May 5, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 5, 2022:
Checkout The Best Jar Openers for a detailed review of all the top .
Versatility sets this jar opener apart, since it can open anything from a small nail polish bottle to a 6-inch pickle jar lid. It has a V-shaped design that lets you simply slide your item in and twist to open. Steel teeth grip the lid, and an under-cabinet design keeps it handy without it taking up valuable space in your kitchen.
In our analysis, the The G Grip The G Grip Under Cabinet Mounted Jar Opener placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
THE ORIGINAL: Don’t be misguided by others – The Grip is the original under-the-cabinet jar opener, both invented and family owned and operated since 1977. Proven effective, our opener has helped hundreds of thousands of people over the years. And you may have even seen us featured on national TV at some point! ANY SIZE OR TYPE OF LID: From fingernail polish to large 6” pickle jars, The Grip will grab and open it with ease. Simply place any size jar or other lid inside the V-shape design, twist, and voilà! And much more than a jar opener, it opens child-proof medicine bottles, water and soda bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent, vacuum sealed jars such as spaghetti sauce and baby food, honey, smooth ridge lids such as peanuts and peanut butter. There is literally nothing it won’t open! EASY INSTALLATION: Simple and easy. Peel off the cover of the twin-stick tape, apply to cabinet, screw (provided), and done! CARBON STEEL TEETH: Incredibly strong and durable, these steel teeth do all the work so you don’t have to. And with premium materials and our long history of helping people, we feel confident they will never wear or dull, opening up lids effortlessly as long as you have it. MADE IN AMERICA: Let’s face it – flip over most plastic products these days and you’ll read Made in China. But not ours. We believe in keeping jobs and resources here in the land we love. And I think we’re all tired of shaking our head with buyer’s remorse when we discover the low quality of product we paid a little less for when we went elsewhere. HIDDEN UNDER CABINET: Since it sits underneath your cabinet out of sight, you’ll never know it’s there until you need it! And no more added clutter, taking up valuable space in that kitchen drawer of yours. NO MORE STRAIN OR PAIN: Since it does all the work, unlike other openers, you can use both hands to open a jar or other lid. Which means, not only is it easier, but pain free! Especially for those with arthritis and weak hands.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Opening jars can be tough. To ensure consumer safety, manufacturers create an airtight seal on jarred and bottled products, which employs the use of vacuum pressure inside the jar. This extra pressure means that many people have a tough time removing lids on the food items found in their pantries.
Some people swear by certain hacks for removing an airtight jar lid, including simply poking a hole in the top with a sharp knife. One hole can be enough to release that pressure and making the lid reasonably easy to remove. But for condiments and other items you’ll be using again, you won’t want a hole in the lid. Other tricks can be time-consuming, such as using a hairdryer or running the jar under hot water.
Fortunately, there are handy kitchen gadgets that can tackle those tough-to-open jars when you need them. Some people use rubber gloves or nonslip rubber pads specifically designed for opening a jar. Rubber gives you that grip you need to maneuver the lid. As long as you have the strength to wrench the lid off, this can be an easy solution.
But there’s an even easier way. A variety of tools are now available to provide that grip — with little muscle required from you. These devices come in a variety of sizes and designs, so it’s important to consider the storage space you have available before buying.
For those with arthritis or mobility issues, an automatic jar opener can do all the work. Simply put in place, press a button and wait for the lid to be removed. Most jar openers let you remove the lid with a simple counterclockwise twist, but automatic jar openers eliminate the need to even put that work in.
Some jar openers come with bonus bottle openers. These might even be keychain-attachable. There are also openers designed to tackle a wide range of products, from nail polish bottles to oversized condiment jars.
The Buying Guide
- Most U.S. products are designed to be loosened in a counterclockwise motion. This makes it easy to immediately know which way to turn if an item isn’t budging at all. A fun way to remember this is the classic “righty tighty, lefty loosey.” Right to tighten, left to loosen.
- Storage is an important consideration with a jar opener. A smaller one that can tuck into a drawer will be useful, but there are also openers that install underneath a cabinet to keep them accessible but out of the way.
- Look at the durability of any jar opener you’re considering. Stainless steel will resist rust even when regularly exposed to moisture, but durable plastic can be easier to clean.
- If you have children in the house who will regularly need help opening jars, an opener with extra safety features can be a better option.
- Look at the dimensions of the lids your opener will support. Some are limited in how small and how large they can go.
- Some jar openers can’t help with the plastic lids found on condiment jars today. Those can be difficult to open, as well.
- Some jar openers have an ergonomic design that reduces strain as you twist. This will help make the removal process more comfortable.
- If you like to toss your jar opener into the dishwasher as needed, make sure the opener you choose is dishwasher-safe.
- Some jar openers come in a variety of color options and interesting designs to serve as a fun addition to your kitchen.
- Keep in mind that you’ll typically be using your jar openers when you hands aren’t thoroughly dry, and the jar itself can build up condensation. You’ll need a jar opener that can tackle the job even with moisture involved.
- If you have mobility issues, make sure you choose a lightweight jar opener so it’s as easy to use as possible.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide