TENS 7000 Muscle Stimulator
Last updated date: March 27, 2019
Review Melt Score
Why Trust The Review Melt Score?
Review Melt is the #1 product review aggregator. Our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then "melt" them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Muscle Stimulators and dug through the reviews from 8 of the most popular review sites including Gadgets, The Good Body, Fitness Pickup, Feel Pain Relief, Best Viva, A Guide Product, Complete Home Spa, Top Best Product Review and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Muscle Stimulator you should buy.
In our analysis of 70 expert reviews, the TENS TENS 7000 Muscle Stimulator placed 8th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 1, 2019:
Checkout The Best Muscle Stimulator for a detailed review of all the top muscle stimulators.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The TENS 7000 2nd Edition provides prescription strength pain relief and is the best valued OTC digital TENS unit on the market today. Powered by a 9-volt battery, this TENS machine is proven to be a powerful, durable, and easy-to-use. The TENS 7000 unit is the preferred device of physical therapists and physicians to relieve common pain. HOW IT WORKS: The TENS unit sends comfortable impulses through the skin that stimulate the nerve (or nerves) in the treatment area. Treatment can be given on demand or via timed therapy sessions up to 60 minutes. In many cases, this stimulation will greatly reduce or eliminate the pain sensation you feel. Pain relief varies by individual mode selected for therapy and the type of pain you are experiencing. In many people the reduction or elimination of pain lasts longer than the actual period of stimulation (sometimes as much as three to four limes longer). The TENS 7000 comes complete with the device, two (2) pair of lead wires, one (1) four (4) pack of reusable electrodes, one (1) 9-volt battery, a quick start guide instruction manual, and a hard carry case. The TENS unit comes with five (5) powerful therapy modes of operation to tackle the toughest common household or exercise related pain. The modes are: 1) Burst 2) Normal 3) Modulation 4) Strength Duration 1 (SD1) and 5) Strength Duration 2 (SD2). Intensity of the device is controlled via two control knobs that allow you to control the stimulation power of the dual channel pulses. Each channel controls 2 electrode TENS unit pads. The package comes with 4 starter electrode pads(colors may vary) of premium quality and will last multiple sessions. Recommended replacement electrodes are the inTENSity brand or TENS 7000 brands. TENS device comes with a 1 year warranty and is supported by the Roscoe Medical best-in-class support team. NOTE:Please see pages 8 - 10 of the attached instruction manual to see a visual of on/off/on durations of the different Modes the TENS 7000 offers.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Muscle Stimulators
If you’ve ever suffered a muscle injury, you probably know the important role your muscles play in keeping your body going. It’s so important, in fact, that many people spend hours at the gym, working hard to tone and strengthen their muscles.
Electric muscle stimulators can be used for a variety of purposes. If you’ve suffered a muscle injury, these devices can send electrical impulses to the target area and possibly provide relief. Known as transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), this technology has been able to reduce reliance on pain medications for some chronic sufferers, making it a popular form of alternative medical therapy.
But electric muscle stimulators can do more than help with pain. Some have found that using these devices can also help strengthen muscles, especially following an injury. If this is true, it may have the benefit of accelerating healing, possibly reducing the source of pain for quicker relief.
In addition to electrical currents, some stimulators provide massaging action and pain relief specific to arthritis. It’s also important to choose a device that has an easy-to-read display screen and settings that can be easily changed to improve your experience. If you feel like portability or having a belt clip will better suit your lifestyle, those are features to look for as well.
The electric muscle stimulation happens through the use of pads that adhere directly to the skin. You’ll need to check into the cost to replace those pads since they’ll deplete on an ongoing basis. You should also look for pads that adhere reliably to the skin without being painful to remove.
Before starting any electric muscle stimulation program, it’s important to check with your doctor to make sure it’s safe. While some doctors will steer patients toward traditional medicine, most will at least let you know if any real danger exists in a particular alternative treatment.
Review Melt Fun Fact
To understand how electric muscle stimulators work, it can help to compare it to the brain, which sends messages to the nervous system via currents. A muscle stimulator uses similar types of currents to get into muscle tissue, effectively redirecting the pain signals a person is experiencing. A good device will allow the user to adjust the intensity of those currents to get the desired results. Some devices claim to be able to use the same technology to stimulate muscles in order to increase strength and speed up repair after an injury. Still others add massage to the device’s features in order to provide even more relief.
The Muscle Stimulator Buying Guide
- Before using an electric muscle stimulator, check with your doctor to make sure it’s safe for you. Those with pacemakers and other implanted metallic or electronic devices should steer clear of them, as well as those with heart rhythm issues.
- While you’re recovering from an injury, strengthening your muscles can help you heal faster and prevent future problems. The iReliev TENS Muscle Stimulator is both a TENS device and an electrical muscle stimulator to do both at the same time.
- Frequency can make a difference in the relief you’ll get. The Santamedical Electronic Tens Muscle Stimulator uses high-frequency stimulation to improve results.
- With electric muscle stimulators, you’ll usually rely on a display to find out what’s going on. The Santamedical Electronic Tens Muscle Stimulator’s display shows the massage style, the time remaining and the intensity of the current stimulation. The Health Mate Forever Muscle Stimulator has a bright, easy-to-read, backlit display to make it easy to monitor activity.
- When you’re in pain or recovering from an injury, the last thing you want to do is struggle with an electronic device for hours. The Kedsum Muscle Stimulator is easy to use, with an operating manual that walks you through everything.
- With the iReliev TENS Muscle Stimulator, you may find you struggle with the buttons.
- A timer can come in handy when you’re starting any sort of muscle therapy program. The iReliev TENS Muscle Stimulator has a timer you can set for between 5 and 60 minutes, and the Kedsum Muscle Stimulator has a timer with times from 10 to 60 minutes, with a 20-minute default. The Health Mate Forever Muscle Stimulator also has a 10 to 60-minute timer. The Santamedical Electronic Tens Muscle Stimulator doesn’t have an adjustment for program duration.
- A belt clip can come in handy if you’re wandering around while using your stimulator. The iReliev TENS Muscle Stimulator has a belt clip. If you find another you like, though, you can always purchase a cell phone case with a belt clip in the right size for your stimulator and use it.
- Electric muscle stimulators rely on battery power, so check into what yours requires before you buy. The iReliev TENS Muscle Stimulator runs on three AAA batteries, which are included with your initial purchase. The Santamedical Electronic Tens Muscle Stimulator runs on four AAA batteries, providing approximately 12 hours of massage. The Kedsum Muscle Stimulator relies on rechargeable batteries rather than disposable ones that you can change out, and you’ll get up to 10 hours of continuous use on one charge. When you have to replace those batteries, though, you may have trouble tracking them down since they aren’t available everywhere.
- For a wide variety of pain relief options, pay close attention to the Santamedical Electronic Tens Muscle Stimulator, which has specialized modes for arthritis, strength and recovery.
- If you’re interested in going beyond pain relief, you may want to consider the iReliev TENS Muscle Stimulator, which offers 14 different massage modes.
- Muscle stimulators work through pads that attach to the skin. The Santamedical Electronic Tens Muscle Stimulator has pads that adhere well, ensuring you’ll get a reliable experience each time. The pads on the Kedsum Muscle Stimulator, on the other hand, may have difficulty sticking to the skin.
- Portability is a consideration if you plan to use your device at the office or while taking care of errands. The lightest is the Santamedical Electronic Tens Muscle Stimulator, which weighs less than 10 ounces.
- Electric muscle stimulators are surprisingly affordable, with most retailing below $50. One exception is the iReliev TENS Muscle Stimulator, which is more expensive but still under $100.
- In addition to muscle relief and repair, the iReliev TENS Muscle Stimulator claims it will boost endorphins in the body.