TCK Athletic Football Tube Socks
Last updated date: June 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Football Socks for a detailed review of all the top .
These high-quality multi-sport socks are chosen by many athletes. The socks have ergonomic cushioning, arch compression, and moisture-control tech. They're made from polypropylene, polyester, rubber and spandex.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the TCK Athletic Football Tube Socks placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Twin City Knitting (TCK) was founded in North Carolina in 1961, where we still operate today. We got our start making a quintessential piece of the baseball uniform: the high-legging stirrup. Now, after 60 years of working with athletic teams, we have become the league leader in team socks. Ergonomic cushioning and arch compression helps the sock stay in place and give the foot support during games or practice. Our over the calf athletic socks feature our patented DRY-IQ moisture control technology which wicks moisture away to keep your feet dry and prevent blisters The Prosport is the gold standard for the classic athletic tube sock.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Whether you’re new to the game or have been playing for years, you know that if you want to improve performance, you have to have the right gear for the job. An often-overlooked item every football player needs is the right pair of football socks. You can’t just wear your regular gym socks and hope to get away with it. As with professionals, it’s important to have protection, grip, padding and more to ensure your feet are comfortable and properly supported.
When it comes to design, there are two main types of football socks. The most common is the over-the-calf design, which is worn by most players. These socks end just under the knee, and provide great protection during high-contact moments. Plus, these socks help to keep legs warm during colder months. Another less popular option is the crew design, which lands towards the bottom of the calf. These are useful in warmer temperatures so that the skin can breathe.
When it comes to material, cotton is an excellent choice for football socks. It’s a natural material that is ideal for sensitive skin. Plus, it’s highly breathable, soft and comfortable to wear. Polyester and other similar synthetic materials are also common in football socks. They are highly durable and long-lasting. Plus, unlike cotton, synthetic materials don’t absorb water and sweat as much. You can also find synthetic blends of materials that use Lycra, polypropylene, and nylon. They don’t irritate the skin, provide good padding and keep moisture away from your feet.
The Buying Guide
- A key feature to look for in football socks is whether they wick away moisture. Football players sweat — a lot. The last thing you want is wet feet during the game.
- Blister protection is another important feature to look for. Players can get painful blisters if they’re frequently playing in wet, sweaty socks. They can also get blisters if their skin is rubbing against seams inside the sock. Socks that help with blister control often have invisible seams.
- It’s common for athletes to get unpleasant and persistent fungal infections in their feet if they don’t wear the right socks. That’s why it’s important to look for football socks that are made from antimicrobial material, which helps to ensure germs stay away from feet.
- Make sure the football socks don’t go above the knee , since that can affect the joint’s flexibility. If socks are too long, you can fold them down to the right height and apply tape to keep the socks in place during the game.
- Be sure to look at the sizing chart before you make a purchase, and keep in mind that different brands may have different sizing. For example, a small in one brand may fit like a medium in another brand. Wrong-sized socks can be uncomfortable to play in and can affect performance.
- If you play multiple sports, such as football, baseball or basketball, it may be worth it to get multi-sport socks. These types of socks can be worn for a variety of sports so you get more flexibility out of your gear. Keep in mind that in some sports, there may be regulations for specific lengths of socks.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide