Taylor CalMax Electronic Scale
Last updated date: February 11, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bathroom Scales and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bathroom Scale you should buy.
Update as June 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best Bathroom Scale for a detailed review of all the top bathroom scales.
In our analysis of 42 expert reviews, the Taylor CalMax Electronic Scale placed 11th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Reach weight goals and measure progress with the functional and stylish Taylor Precision Products Glass CalMax Electronic Scale. Calculate body mass index based on height and weight inputs and meet calorie goals with CalMax daily calorie reference feature that estimates recommended daily calorie intake to maintain current weight. Share this scale with others pursuing a variety of health goals and needs with 4 user memory options. Built to accommodate up to approximately 440 pounds (200 kilograms), this tempered-glass platform backpainted in silver features sleek, modern styling. Easily read weight and BMI values at a glance with the 3.1-inch dual-line LCD display. Never worry about excessive battery drain with instant on, auto off, and low battery indicator (1 CR2032 lithium battery is included).
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bathroom Scales
Most of us have a love/hate relationship with the bathroom scale. You may realize that at least occasionally checking your weight is key to staying healthy, so a reliable scale is a must. At some point, someone in your household will inevitably tackle a weight loss journey, at which point a scale will be especially important.
The top quality you’ll probably look for in a scale is accuracy. Durability and appearance mean nothing if the numbers you see when you step on it aren’t correct. Digital scales use sensors and a strain gauge to measure and convert the weight of an object placed on them. Today’s top scales also feature the ability to calibrate automatically. This feature allows reliable readings every time you step on the scale, even if you’ve moved it since the last time you weighed.
Before you buy a scale, you should first take a look around the room you’ll be putting it in. Most often this is a bathroom, but you may plan to slide it into a closet when it’s not in use. If that’s the case, you’ll probably want to pay close attention to the width and length of the scale you choose since smaller scales will squeeze into tighter spaces. Otherwise, visualize the way the scale will look when mixed with your existing décor.
Lastly, you’ll want to consider the durability of the scale that you’re buying. Most of today’s scales are built to last for many years, but some are stronger than others. While many scales will promise a durable frame, you should also pay attention to the glass. Scales made from glass have been known to shatter in the past. It may be worth it to consider one with tempered glass that promises many years of reliable use.
The Bathroom Scale Buying Guide
- The main thing you need out of any scale is accuracy. You need to know that the weight you’re seeing when you step on is correct. Many digital scales use precision sensors built on German technology to ensure accurate results.
- Scales now go beyond simply telling you your weight. Some Bluetooth smart scales connect to a smartphone app that helps you track your progress. This, in effect, gives you a full picture of your health. Best of all, you can sync the data to third-party apps where you track your calories, steps and other health data.
- As you stumble to the scale first thing in the morning, bleary-eyed and barely awake, a clear display can make all the difference. Look for a digital scale with an extra-large lighted LCD display that is easy to read even in a pitch-dark bathroom, thanks to a backlight.
- Unless you plan to store your scale in a closet, it will immediately become part of your bathroom décor. That makes it important to consider how it looks. Some models are all solid black, while other scales features clear glass. While all of the scales are attractive, you may wish to go with a digital scale that has the appearance of a high-end scale.
- If you do plan to store your scale in a closet, though, you’ll want to take size into account. A scale measuring 11.7 X 11.7 will take up the least amount of space, while scales measuring around 12 X 12 aren’t too much bigger. A 15 X 15 scale, however, is both long and wide and only an ideal choice if space isn’t an issue.
- You’ll likely want a scale that will last for many years. Look for a scale that features a sturdy frame that supports up to 400 pounds. One made from sturdy tempered glass is also known for being very durable.
- If you have a budget in mind as you start shopping, your decision won’t be too tough. There are a large number of scales on the market that are all affordable. However, if full health tracking is important to you, the app connectivity feature may make a more expensive model well worth the higher cost.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide