T-Fal Deep Fryer
Last updated date: July 12, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Electric Deep Fryers and dug through the reviews from 10 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, Top Ten Reviews, Foodal, Home Kitchen Land, Your Best Digs, Deep Fryer Review, Crispy Sisters, At Least We Fried, Top Fryer and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Deep Fryer you should buy.
If you have a large family or regularly cook for large groups, the T-Fal Deep Fryer's 3.5-liter capacity plus its easy-to-clean design will make it a winner. It has easily detachable parts that can go in the dishwasher for simple cleanup. But perhaps our favorite feature of T-Fal Deep Fryer is the separate oil container that allows you to save oil for future use. In our analysis of 68 expert reviews, the T-Fal T-Fal Deep Fryer placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 12, 2019:
Checkout The Best Electric Deep Fryer for a detailed review of all the top electric deep fryers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
T-fal Deep Fryer with Basket, Stainless Steel, Easy to Clean Deep Fryer, Oil Filtration, 2.6-Pound, Silver, Model FR8000. Make restaurant-quality fried food at home—minus the hassle and mess—thanks to the Ultimate EZ Clean deep fryer by T-fal. Designed for family-size dinners or hors d'oeuvres when entertaining, the deep fryer offers a 3.5-liter oil capacity and a 2.65-pound fresh food capacity. Appetizers, main courses, or desserts—make the classics or let your creative inspirations soar. The powerful 1700-watt fryer’s adjustable thermostat allows for selecting the perfect cooking temperature for the specific food to be fried, while its quick-recovery heating system ensures crispy layers with minimal oil absorption for healthier results. When finished, the innovative machine’s exclusive oil-filtration system automatically drains and filters the remaining oil into a large plastic container below.For best results we recommend unsaturated vegetable oil. The removable, tightly sealed container conveniently stores the oil for future use, saving time and money. Other highlights include a two-position basket for cooking and draining food, a viewing window in the lid, cool-touch handles, a permanent odor filter to keep cooking odors out of the kitchen, and dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup. With the T-fal Ultimate EZ Clean deep fryer, frying delicious food at home just got a whole lot easier.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Deep Fryers
If you’ve tried to make fried chicken, shrimp or even French fries at home, you’ve likely found pan frying doesn’t quite do the trick. Frying pans are shallow, not allowing you to completely immerse food in oil. You’ll also deal with grease spatter all over your stove unless you’re careful, which means extra cleanup time after dinner.
An electric deep fryer is a great way to fry the foods you love in the comfort of your home. Simply fill it up with oil, wait for it to heat and insert your items. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have a tasty snack or a great side item for your meal. Since many electric deep fryers have lids and other safety mechanisms, you’ll also have protection from dangerous, not to mention messy, spatters.
Before you buy, you’ll want to decide the capacity you’ll need. If you plan to deep fry the occasional turkey or hold parties where you’ll fry up large quantities of food, you’ll need a larger capacity fryer. But keep in mind these come at a price. The bigger size means you’ll need to find somewhere in your kitchen to store your fryer. But the smaller-sized fryers limit the food you’ll be able to cook.
Clean-up is also an important factor. Some fryers feature removable parts that you can simply slip into the dishwasher, while many others require each part to be hand washed after use. You’ll also have oil to discard after each use, so make sure you have a plan for taking care of that. Some fryers even let you save the oil to use next time.
Of course, in the end, it’s all about cooking. Some fryers have temperature controls, which makes it easier to cook a wide variety of food. You’ll also find that an indicator light can come in handy. These lights let you know when your oil is hot and ready for you to begin inserting food.
DYWM Fun Fact
Before the world could fry food, someone had to invent the frying pan. That happened in ancient Mesopotamia, which eventually allowed Japan to discover tempura-battered foods in the 16th century. By the late 1600s, villagers in Belgium were frying up small fish they caught in the river. When supplies ran low, they needed something to act as a substitute. So they came up with the idea to fry potatoes, which brought the birth of the French fry. The delicious food item soon took off. During World War I, American soldiers stationed in Belgium discovered the food and nicknamed it French fries, after the language the Belgian soldiers spoke.
The Electric Deep Fryer Buying Guide
- One very important thing to look at when shopping for a deep fryer is capacity. If you plan to hold big parties or you have a big family, you may want to consider a deep fryer with a larger capacity.
- The T-Fal Deep Fryer 3.5 liters of oil, while the Cuisinart Deep Fryer has models with capacities of 1.1 liter, 2 quarts, 3.4 quarts, 4 quarts and 5 liters. The 5-liter version is perfect for deep frying large food items like turkeys.
- For smaller households or just cooking up some side dishes, though, consider the Presto CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer, which holds only 1.9 liters. You’ll have all the capacity you need without taking up excessive counter space.
- Temperature accuracy is important when you’re inserting food and trusting a device to cook it as needed. The Cuisinart Deep Fryer sustains heat better than other deep fryers, even remaining hot as you add food directly from the freezer. The Presto GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer, on the other hand, has only one temperature, which doesn’t work for all foods.
- Cooking with oil can be messy, as you’ve likely found if you’ve fried foods on the stove. After you’ve finished cooking, you’ll want cleanup to be as quick and painless as possible. The T-Fal Deep Fryer has easily detachable, dishwasher-safe parts. Although it isn’t dishwasher safe, the Presto GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer has a nonstick finish to make it easy to scrub clean.
- You can’t start frying without filling your fryer with oil, and all of that has to go somewhere once you’re finished. The T-Fal Deep Fryer stores all that oil in a container that you can then save for future use. That means every time you’re ready to start cooking, you’ll have the oil from your previous session, saving you the trouble of disposing of oil afterward. Best of all, the oil is automatically strained into a separate tank, so you won’t get larger food particles in your reusable oil.
- The Cuisinart Deep Fryer also collects oil in a container, which is removable and has a pouring spout.
- One concern with household deep frying is odor. You likely don’t want your home to smell like a hamburger joint for the next few days. The Presto CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer is built to cut down on those scents to keep your home smelling great.
- The Presto CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer builds in an indicator light that lets you know when the oil is at the perfect temperature for adding food.
- Safety is an important feature in a deep fryer. This starts with the lid. The T-Fal Deep Fryer has a sealed cooking lid that will lock your contents inside to avoid grease spatter. It also has a magnetic attachment on the power cord that will ensure that the power shuts off immediately if the fryer tips over.
- One benefit of the Presto CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer is that it has a viewing window that lets you keep an eye on your food without lifting the lid.
- Deep fryers can vary dramatically in size, so measure your available space before you buy. The high capacity of the T-Fal Deep Fryer and the larger Cuisinart Deep Fryer will make them tough to tuck into a corner or squeeze into a cabinet. The Presto CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer and Presto GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer are both smaller in size, so you won’t have as much difficulty storing them.
- Deep fryers are relatively affordable, with even the highest-priced model retailing for less than $100. The T-Fal Deep Fryer is the most expensive, followed by the Cuisinart Deep Fryer. You’ll find that the smaller fryers, the Presto CoolDaddy Cool-touch Deep Fryer and Presto GranPappy Electric Deep Fryer, are the cheapest, retailing for less than $50.