Sterilite Ultra Latch Box, 17-Liter
Last updated date: January 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top Totes (Tubs) and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tote (Tub) you should buy.
If you don't want to open tote after tote looking for a specific item, go with the Sterilite Ultra Latch Box, 17-Liter. This set of six totes feature clear containers with white lids. The lids have heavy-duty locks to protect your precious photos, toys, clothing or collection of tools when not in use. In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Sterilite Sterilite Ultra Latch Box, 17-Liter placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Storage Bins and Tubs for a detailed review of all the top totes (tubs).
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The 18 Quart Ultra Storage Box features durable latches that attach the lid securely to the base to ensure that contents remain secure when stored. The see-through base allows contents to be easily identified, and multiple bases are able to stack on top of each other. This latch storage box is ideal for storing small items in the basement, garage, and attic.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Totes (Tubs)
Totes provide an excellent solution for all of your storage needs. Use them in the living room to organize your kids’ toys, the garage to separate your tools or the attic to keep your seasonal items safe until it’s time to pull them out again. As you browse the available totes on the market, you’ll want to consider each of their features.
Size is the first thing you’ll need to review. Smaller totes are ideal for knick-knacks, while medium totes can hold things like craft supplies and makeup. Larger totes are best for storing clothing and stuffed animals. There are even industrial-size totes, like the Rubbermaid Brute Tote, 20-Gallon that can handle items that are a bit heavy.
If you’re in the market for more than one tote, search for a stackable set. The Sterilite Ultra Latch Box, 17-Liter comes in a six-pack and has specially designed lids that allow you to store the totes one on top of the other.
Carrying totes can be difficult if there are no handles, or if the handles are rough around the edges. The Akro-Mils Plastic Tote with Attached Lid, 12-Gallon has strong molded-in handles that are made for lifting. Other models feature ergonomic handles for added comfort.
Consider how far you need to transport the tote, especially if you’re going to fill the tote with heavy items. The Sterilite 151 Liter Wheeled Tote, 2-Pack has a set of wheels, so you can simply pull the tote from the house to your shed. If you’re going just a short distance, there are some totes with reinforced bottoms that hold up well to dragging and dropping.
DWYM Fun Fact
Plastic totes can be used for many things, not just storing your belongings. Here are a few creative ways people have used plastic totes:
- Turn your tote into a hamster or gerbil cage. You can even run a tube from one tote to another to give your pet more room to roam around.
- Paint the symbol for recycling on the front of the tote and use it to collect your bottles and cans throughout the week.
- Transform the tote into a homemade filing cabinet. This is an excellent option if you don’t have enough files to fill a big cabinet, or you live in an apartment or home where space is an issue.
The Tote (Tub) Buying Guide
- Most totes are made of plastic, and therefore are easy to clean. All you need is a little dish soap, warm water and a rag. Should the totes have any type of odor, you can also wipe them down with vinegar or a baking soda paste. Rinse the containers clean and either allow them to air dry or dry them with a lint-free cloth.
- Depending on the type of items you’re storing in the totes, you may want to pick up a few silica gel packets. Toss several inside each of the totes to protect everything from photos to DVDs to books.
- The price for totes is dependent upon the size of the tote and how many totes you get in each set. The Sterilite Ultra Latch Box, 17-Liter and the Akro-Mils Plastic Tote with Attached Lid, 12-Gallon are on the lower end of the price scale when you take into consideration the number of totes you get for the price. The Rubbermaid Brute Tote, 20-Gallon and the Sterilite 151 Liter Wheeled Tote, 2-Pack are slightly more expensive, as they are larger and have extra features, such as wheels and ergonomic handles.