Sterilite SwingTop Trash Can, 13.2-Gallon
Last updated date: June 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Trash Bins and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Trash Bin you should buy.
Update as June 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Trash Bin for a detailed review of all the top kitchen trash bins.
The Sterilite SwingTop Trash Can, 13.2-Gallon has an easy-to-clean textured surface. The dual-action swing-top feature enables the lid to swing open when touched. It can be used in the kitchen or in any other room.
In our analysis of 90 expert reviews, the Sterilite SwingTop Trash Can, 13.2-Gallon placed 7th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Sterilite 10888004 54-Quart Low Profile Swing-Top Wastebasket White Lid and Base 4-Pack. The swingtop wastebaskets feature a popular domed lid design and lids that swing open and closed via a unique indexing feature at the pivot point.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Trash Bins
There is nothing worse than a poorly designed kitchen trash bin that lets out odors and is a mess to look at. Whether you run a professional kitchen or are a home cook, having a trash can that keeps garbage and their associated smells out of sight is key.
When searching for the best trash can for your kitchen, think about where it will be placed. This will affect what kind of shape you get. If your trash can will be up against a wall or cupboard, you’ll want one that has a flat side to save on space. A round trash can is best for kitchens that have a lot of floor space.
Next, consider the kind of lid your trash can will need, and how it will be opened. If you’ll be placing your kitchen trash can in a cupboard, like under the sink, for example, you may opt for one without a lid. However, if your kitchen trash can will be out in the open, it’s best to get one with a lid to contain the smell and keep things looking neat and tidy.
The material the trash can is made out of impacts the overall look and feel of the wastebasket. For many shoppers, it’s important for everything in the kitchen to match the décor. If you have stainless steel and black appliances, for example, you may want a trashcan that matches that sleek look. If your trashcan will be hidden in a corner or behind a door, then a simple plastic receptacle may do the trick.
Also consider the size of trash bag you will need to put into the can. Some trash bins are large and require custom-sized kitchen trash bags, while others can use simple grocery bags instead. If you need to purchase special bags for your trash can, that will need to be factored into the cost.
The Kitchen Trash Bin Buying Guide
- When buying a kitchen trash bin, take a look at the material it’s made from. This will not only affect the durability of the wastebasket, but also affect the design and colors. The simplehuman Stainless Steel Trash Can, 13.2-Gallon is made out of brushed stainless steel so it has a sleek and elegant look that will match stainless steel kitchen appliances. Rubbermaid Step-On Lid Trash Can, 13-Gallon is made out of black plastic. Other models come in white plastic. These neutral colors can match with almost any style of kitchen décor. The iTouchless Stainless Steel Trash Can, 13-Gallon has a germ-resistant, fingerprint-proof surface that is made out of stainless steel. It has a high-end look that will fit in with an elegant kitchen.
- The lid of a kitchen trash bin serves an important purpose, because it keeps odors trapped inside and keeps the kitchen looking tidy. When you’re searching for a trash can with a lid, make sure it has a pedal so you can keep your hands clean. The simplehuman Stainless Steel Trash Can, 13.2-Gallon has a silent close lid so it doesn’t make any loud or banging noises. The lid can also stay open for as long as you need. The pedal is engineered to last 150,000 steps, which will last around 20 years. There are also models that come with a slide lock on the lid, so you can keep children and pets from getting into the trash. The iTouchless Stainless Steel Trash Can, 13-Gallon has a lid that opens with the motion of your hand. This makes it a hygienic and convenient choice. You may prefer a model that has a dual-action swing-top feature that enables the lid to swing open when touched, as these are also available.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide