StarTech MU15MMS Slim Audio Male-To-Male AUX Cable, 15-Feet
Last updated date: January 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top AUX Cables and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best AUX Cable you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best AUX Cable for a detailed review of all the top aux cables.
One of the best benefits of this aux cable is its long length. It's able to reach a distance of 15 feet, which means you'll be able to plug your MP3 player into your stereo and still have space to move around. The unit is also environmentally friendly, so you can feel good about your purchase.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the StarTech Slim Audio Male-To-Male AUX Cable, 15-Feet placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The MU15MMS 15ft 3.5mm Slim Stereo Audio Cable is the perfect solution for portable audio devices (iPod®, iPhone®,iPad®,MP3 Players), featuring a slim connector molding that easily fits into a 3.5mm headphone jack, even if the iPod/iPhone/MP3 player is in a protective case. Designed and constructed for maximum durability, this 15-foot 3.5mm Slim Stereo Audio Cable is backed by StarTech.com’s Lifetime Warranty.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On AUX Cables
If you grew up in an era before smartphones and mp3 players, you’re probably all too familiar with AUX cables. They connected to a jack on your stereo system, then plugged into your headphones so that you could listen to your favorite albums, cassette tapes and, later, CDs. But AUX cables didn’t disappear as consumers moved from stereo systems to mobile music devices. In fact, in many ways, we need them now more than ever.
Yes, many over-ear headphones come with a cable that plugs right into a jack, but chances are, you won’t get the highest-quality cable in that format. A dedicated AUX cable will be built with the best components to ensure as sound travels to your ears, you experience minimal quality loss. That protects the audio so it comes through crisp and clear, whether you’re listening to your favorite music or a great new podcast.
Headphones aren’t the only use for AUX cables, though. You can actually use them to connect your smartphone directly to your car’s audio jack. You’ll get much better sound this way than you would through Bluetooth, but some people don’t have Bluetooth as an option. It’s important to check your car to make sure you have the necessary jack before you invest in an AUX cable.
The AUX Cable Buying Guide
- Sound quality is a top consideration when you’re shopping for AUX cables. The material used to make the cable plays a direct role in how well the sound comes through. Materials like copper wire and aluminum casing will protect the audio integrity.
- Before you buy, check compatibility. If you’re trying to use your cable with a specific type of headphone, make sure the wire’s connector fits the type of plug your headphones have.
- Over time, cables can quickly wear out. Many AUX cables go through extensive bend testing before becoming widely available to ensure they can stand daily use.
- Few things can be as frustrating as a tangled wire. A flat design will help keep your cable from tangling during storage.
- Consider where you’ll be using your AUX cable. You’ll need a certain length to reach from one point to another, but if you choose one with too much length, you’ll end up with messy excess.
- In addition to the source you’ll be connecting your device to, you should also consider the port on the device itself. If you use a case like an Otter Box, you may find that you have to remove it to make the connection.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide