Start-X Pug ‘N Play Long-Range Automatic Start Kit For Car
Last updated date: December 23, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Automatic Start Kits For Car and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Automatic Start Kit For Car you should buy.
Update as December 23, 2022:
Checkout The Best Automatic Start Kits To Warm Your Car Up Fast for a detailed review of all the top automatic start kits for car.
Cold and snowy mornings make this automatic start kit for car a must-have addition. The kit takes just 5 minutes to install and does an excellent job of warming your car up before you even step foot outside the house. You can even use your existing remote, so no additional purchases are necessary.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Start-X Pug ‘N Play Long-Range Automatic Start Kit For Car placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
USA- This kit is brought to you by Start-X, the leading plug n play remote start company in North America. The Remote Start module contains patented technology, is proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured in North America. With tens of thousands satisfied customers you can’t go wrong. Start-X technical support agents are located in the USA and provide support in English. #1 BEST SELLING KIT – Use the #1, bestselling Remote Start kit to warm up your vehicle in those freezing mornings. With tens of thousands satisfied customers, this kit is rock solid. No more waiting 10 min to defog your windshield. COMPATIBILITY F-150 2015-2020, F-250/F-350 17-21, Ranger 19-21, Expedition 18-20, Edge 15-20, Fusion 14-20, Explorer 16-21, Transit 20-21, Escape 20-21 Compatible with both gas and diesel, key start, and push to start. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH HYBRIDS. Functional hood pin required. Open the hood and start the engine. If you see a hood ajar indicator, you have a functional hood pin. PLUG ‘N PLAY – Installation takes 5 minutes and is simple for anyone to do. No wires need to be cut or spliced. No vehicle electronics knowledge is required. Please see the video in the listing. LOCK UNLOCK LOCK – Press lock unlock lock on your existing remote to remote start. No need to carry any extra remotes. For extra long range, you can add long range rf kits, or you can add a cell phone module.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Automatic Start Kits For Car
Have you ever gotten into your car in the middle of a snowstorm only to have to wait for five or 10 minutes for it to heat up? Or, on the other end of the spectrum, have you ever gotten into the car on a scorching day only to feel a blast from the heat trapped inside? (Studies have found that your closed, sunlit car’s interior temperature can be more than 30 degrees higher than the outside air after just 20 minutes.)
Fortunately, there’s a solution: Get an automatic start kit for your car. This innovative product can make both of those scenarios go away. With an automatic start kit, you can remotely turn on your ignition — without having to go out into the cold (or the heat) to do so. Once your car gets to your desired temperature, you can enter it and be instantly comfortable. You’ll also be immediately ready to tackle the roads.
When you’re looking to buy a remote car starter, you’ll first want to check its operational range. It needs to cover the distance between your home — or wherever you wish to start your car from — and your vehicle. You may also want to consider the range from your workplace to its parking lot, or the distance from commonly-visited sites (like the grocery store, school or an amusement park) to your normal parking spot nearby. Note that obstructions will reduce the operational range. The minimum range is typically stated in hundreds of feet.
If you’re looking for an automatic start kit, you’ll also want to consider features like mobile compatibility, keyless entry, a manual cutoff switch, an alarm, or engine speed-sensing. Some more sophisticated car monitoring and control systems even have temperature gauges and other functions. If you’re just looking for something simple, though, you may want to prioritize durability.
The Automatic Start Kit For Car Buying Guide
- High-end automatic start kits have engine speed sensing to monitor engine RPMs. If on a very cold day, for example, the car doesn’t start the first time, the kit will be able to sense it. This feature also provides over-rev protection and will shut off if the engine speed is too high to avoid damaging the vehicle.
- Be sure to check for a hood safety switch or an emergency cutoff installed under the hood. This is an important safety feature that prevents remote start from working if the hood is up.
- Some automatic start kits for cars come with do-it-yourself instructions, but under certain circumstances professional assistance may be necessary. For example, putting a remote start feature in a car with an automatic theft system may be tricky. Please note that installing a kit incorrectly can be dangerous and ultimately expensive,.
- If several people drive your car, get a kit that comes with multiple key fobs. That way all drivers in your household will have the ability to remote start the car without having to switch keys constantly.
- Some automatic start kits have additional features, such as starting the seat warmers, turning on the rear defrost or opening the trunk.
- Getting a kit with two-way remotes is ideal. This way, you can send a signal to your car and it can send a signal back to you to let you know that the car is turned on. Otherwise, you may not know if the start command has failed or succeeded.
- Look for an anti-grind feature, which ensures that you cannot double start the car (by rotating the key in the ignition if the car has been remotely started).
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide