Sports Research Biotin Supplement Infused with Coconut Oil, 5,000mcg
Last updated date: April 21, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Biotin Supplements and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Biotin Supplement you should buy.
Update as January 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Biotin Supplement for a detailed review of all the top biotin supplements.
Unlike other biotin supplements that come in gummy form, the Sports Research Biotin Infused with Coconut Oil, 5,000mcg are soft gels. The product is tested by a third party for quality and also has a Good Manufacturing Practice certificate. Its main benefits are the improved health of your body's hair, skin and nails.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Sports Research Biotin Infused with Coconut Oil, 5,000mcg placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FEATURES: Biotin 5000mcg in cold-pressed Organic Coconut Oil. BENEFITS: May help to support Healthy Hair, Skin and nails in individuals who are Biotin deficient. PREMIUM: The Only Non-GMO Project Verified veggie Biotin softgel available. QUALITY: SR Biotin is manufactured and Packaged in a cGMP certified facility in the USA. Our Vitamins or Supplements are NEVER bought in bulk or pre-bottled, ensuring the freshest ingredients. MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: All Sports Research (SR) Vitamins and Supplements come with a 90 day Money Back Guarantee.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Biotin Supplements
If your body is deficient in biotin or you’d like to give your body a little extra cellular support, you may want to consider adding a supplement to your morning routine. There are several different biotin supplements on the market, so how do you know which one to choose? Read this guide and you’ll learn what to look for in the best biotin supplement.
Determine what form you need the supplement to be in. You can get biotin in a powder, soft gel, capsule, liquid and even in a gummy. Individuals who have difficulty swallowing pills will want to stick with the powder, liquid or chewable gummy. When opting for a supplement you don’t swallow, you’ll want to keep taste in mind. Powders and liquids can be added to a smoothie, cup of applesauce or container of yogurt, but a gummy will need to have a delightful flavor or you’ll have a hard time getting it down.
Review the biotin supplement’s product label to ensure it is free from unwanted ingredients. For example, the Vitafusion Biotin Gummy Vitamins, 5,000mcg don’t contain any high-fructose corn syrup, synthetic dyes, artificial sweeteners, gluten or dairy. Other companies also have formulas that are free of gelatin and sugar.
Check the calorie content next. You’ll find the Havasu Nutrition Biotin Gummies 5,000mcg only has 15 calories per serving, so it won’t interfere with any healthy eating plans or keep you from meeting your weight loss goals.
Look for any additional health benefits that may be offered by the biotin supplement. Although some are designed to simply increase your biotin levels, others, like the SugarBearHair Vegetarian Biotin Gummy Vitamins, 60-Count, add other essential nutrients. You may find the supplement also contains vitamins A, D, C and E. A host of other B vitamins may also be thrown into the mix, such as folic acid, vitamin B-6 and vitamin B-12.
Lastly, you’ll want to consider the companies ethics. The Sports Research Biotin Infused with Coconut Oil, 5,000mcg are Non-GMO Project Verified and manufacture and package their supplement in a Good Manufacturing Practice certified facility. Other companies never test their products on animals and use only vegetarian-friendly ingredients.
The Biotin Supplement Buying Guide
- Check the sugar content on the biotin supplement’s nutrition label before you buy. The gummy versions may contain more sugar than you’d like, especially if you’re following a low-sugar diet.
- Always consult with your family physician before starting any supplements. The doctor can review the ingredients and determine whether they are safe for your particular body and whether they interfere with any medication you are currently taking.
- Eating more than the recommended dose can cause stomach aches in some people.
- Keep the biotin supplement stored up and out of the reach of children. This is especially important with the gummy version, which kids may think are delicious snacks. They make child locks for cabinets that contain medications and supplements.
- Supplements should also be stored in a cool, dry location.
- Dietary supplements are not required to be evaluated by the FDA. Keep this in mind as you review any health claims made by the biotin supplement manufacturer.
- Look for any third-party testing or awards the biotin supplement manufacturer may have received. For example, if a brand surpasses quality standards, it may be awarded the ChefsBest Excellence Award. Other companies may have had their products tested and certified by a third-party so that you know they are selling a high-quality product.
- Check the expiration date on your biotin supplement every so often. You don’t want to consume the supplement once it has expired, as it may no longer be as potent or as effective as you need it to be.
- Consider going with a biotin supplement that has a satisfaction or money-back guarantee. Some companies offer a 90-day money-back guarantee to give customers a chance to try the supplement. If you don’t notice any positive effects within the three-month time frame, you’ll be able to get a full refund.
- Instead of looking at how many gummies or soft gels are in each biotin supplement container, you need to look at the number of servings. Divide the price by the number of servings to compare prices. You’ll find the Sports Research Biotin Infused with Coconut Oil, 5,000mcg and the Vitafusion Biotin Gummy Vitamins, 5,000mcg fall on the lower end of the price range. The Havasu Nutrition Biotin Gummies 5,000mcg sits in the middle, while the SugarBearHair Vegetarian Biotin Gummy Vitamins, 60-Count commands the highest price per serving.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide