Sotya Modern Whistling Tea Pot, 3-Quart
Last updated date: March 8, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Stove Top Tea Pot Kettles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Stove Top Tea Pot Kettle you should buy.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Sotya Sotya Modern Whistling Tea Pot, 3-Quart placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Stove Top Tea Pot Kettle for a detailed review of all the top stove top tea pot kettles.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
SOTYA Tea Kettle Sotya company focuses on kitchen supplies, gives you the best product experience, the best product service. SOTYA Tea Kettle Whistling Water Line The maximum boiling capacity of the kettle is 2.6L. Only when the water is boiled below this capacity, there is a loud whistle. Do not leave cookware unattended or leave empty cookware on a hot burner. It may discolor or damage the cookware. This cookware is available to be used on gas and electric stove. (Sotya SUS304 Stainless steel tea kettle heat fast. SMALL or MIDDLE FIRE is suggested when use the teakettle on open fire ). Two Water Filling Methods Unique design of the spout opening angle，you can quickly fill the water through the spout.Also you can open the lid to fill the water. Stovetop Safe It is not suggested to use large fire to boil water, as it will make the kettle's body brown and char - affect the appearance. Upgrade Quality Upgrade Kettle Body Thickness：SOTYA teakettle 0.58mm > Ordinary teakettle 0.4mm Anti-hot Design:With a free anti-hot glove High capacity:3L ≈ 101 fl oz≈12 cup metric Entire Body Stainless Steel Construction Three-layer bottom(Boiling water faster). High-grade 18/8 of stainless steel is suitable for any heat source including gas, electric, induction, halogen and radiant stoves. VINTAGE STYLE Vintage style, great size, the nice shade that goes with everything. It can be cleaned with a basic sink brush and some mild cleaner (vinegar) or abrasive (baking soda). PRO-GRADE PORCELAIN These SOTYA colorful looking functional teapots made of durable porcelain, they are more sturdy than stoneware. Creation of Sweese ensures you get what you pay for, BEWARE OF CHEAP KNOCK OFFS! MAKE A HEALTHY GIFT SOTYA whistling tea kettle, pack safely in a well-wrapped box. It is a nice gift for housewarming, wedding or anniversary. That is the BEST GIFT for your lover.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Stove Top Tea Pot Kettles
According to Statista, only water beats out tea as the most widely consumed beverage in the world. In fact, the United States alone saw tea sales of over $12 billion in 2018. If you find yourself among these numbers, you’ll want to invest in a quality stovetop teapot kettle.
Determine whether you’d like a kettle made of stainless steel, which doesn’t rust or stain, or one constructed from heat-resistant borosilicate glass. Glass models allow you to actually see the tea as it brews.
Decide whether you’d like a model that also has an infuser for use with loose and blooming teas. There are tea kettles that have built-in infusers, as well as pots that have removable infusers. You’ll even find units with an infuser basket that can be placed directly in your teacup.
Check the tea kettle’s handle. You want to make sure it has an ergonomic design that is comfortable to hold. It may come with a silicone coating to keep your hand from slipping. If the teapot has a covering over the spout, you’ll want a handle with a simple touch-button, so that you can open the spout with one hand while holding your teacup in the other.
Consider stovetop teapot kettles that come with a few extras. For example, you may find a model that includes a loose tea sampler and four serving mugs. This set is especially a great choice if you are in need of a housewarming, Christmas or birthday gift.
DYWM Fun Fact
Did you know that even though there are countless teas for sale, they all come from the evergreen shrub known as Camellia Sinensis, also commonly referred to as the tea plant? Here are a few more fun facts about tea:
- While tea was first introduced to Russia in the 1600s, it didn’t make its way to Canada until 1716.
- There are four main tea varieties. They include black, oolong, green and white tea.
- Tea is naturally rich in antioxidants.
- The most costly tea to brew is the Chinese tea Tieguanyin, which runs about $1,500 per pound.
The Stove Top Tea Pot Kettle Buying Guide
- Most stovetop teapot kettles are not suitable for use with an induction stove or cooktop.
- Be careful of teapots that sputter water before you open the spout. The water will be hot enough to scald your skin.
- There are models that are both microwave- and refrigerator-safe if that is a feature that interests you.
- Check the stovetop teapot kettle’s cleaning instructions. Some must be washed by hand using dish soap and warm water, while others are listed as okay to place on the top shelf of a dishwasher.
- If you use loose teas, make sure you store them in a sealed container in a cool dry location. Otherwise, they will absorb the moisture from the air.
- Construction materials play the biggest role in the price of stovetop teapot kettles. You’ll find glass kettles cost less than stainless steel models, like the Willow & Everett Stove Top Tea Pot Kettle, 2.75-Quart and the Poliviar Natural Anit-Rust Tea Kettle, 2.7-Quart. When comparing the glass kettles, you’ll need to consider whether the kettle is being sold with or without accessories. For example, the Kitchen Kite Stove Top Tea Kettle Infuser, 1-Quart costs slightly more than the Hiware Glass Teapot with Infuser, 1-Quart due to the fact that it comes with four glass mugs and a loose-tea sampler.