SoftHeat Micro-Fleece Machine Washable Electric Blanket
Last updated date: November 10, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Blankets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Blanket you should buy.
Update as November 10, 2022:
Checkout The Best Electric Blanket for a detailed review of all the top electric blankets.
Stay warm and cozy this winter with this electric blanket. It's soft to the touch and uses thinner wires for comfort. It even keeps its shape after being washed in a machine. Additional features that put this model ahead of others include an oversized backlit display, 10 heat settings and an auto shut-off feature.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the SoftHeat Micro-Fleece Machine Washable Electric Blanket placed 5th when we looked at the top 21 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
We’ve designed a safe and incredibly soft electric blanket that is probably one of the most comfortable blankets you’ll ever have the luxury of snuggling up in. This electric blanket starts with super soft micro-plush fabric that is refreshingly smooth next to your skin for the ultimate in luxurious comfort. Constructed within the blanket is the patented Safe & Warm low-voltage technology. This low-voltage blanket includes a small power supply box that changes 120 volt AC home current into non-hazardous low voltage DC current (very similar to a battery) to provide warmth, protection and safety even if the blanket becomes wet. Unlike other warming blankets with their thick bulky wires, the wires in the Soft Heat blankets are so small and thin; they are virtually unnoticeable. During construction we place the thin wires 3-inches apart and evenly distribute them from head to toe. The benefit to you is a blanket that gives more of an even heat and all over penetrating warmth with no annoying hot or cold spots. The queen size blanket is divided in two separate zones and comes standard with two easy to read, easy to turn, non-slip computerized controllers to adjust the temperature of each side of the bed giving individual comfort and control. A giant backlit display with auto dimming feature provides more convenience for night time adjustments with out having to turn on the lights. It has an automatic pre-heat and hold feature that makes sure that your bed is warm and cozy before you climb in for the night. You simply turn it on and the blanket will warm up on HI until it reaches the temperature that you pre set your dial on and then adjusts itself to hold it there. For your safety, convenience and power conservation it has an automatic shut off feature that will shut the blanket off after 10 hours just in case you forget. It also comes standard with built in over-temperature protection for that extra bit of safety and peace of mind. This warming product has been designed to provide you a gentle relaxing heat. It will NOT feel warm to the touch of your hand, even on the highest (HI) setting. You must actually use it to experience the cozy warmth that it will generate. If the control lamp is lit, it is working. We suggest you start at the HI setting for the first use and then adjust down to your personal comfort level. To receive the most pleasure from your warming product, read your User Manual. This warming product has been designed to provide you a gentle relaxing heat. It will NOT feel warm to the touch of your hand, even on the highest (HI) setting. You must actually use it to experience the cozy warmth that it will generate. If the control lamp is lit, it is working. We suggest you start at the HI setting for the first use and then adjust down to your personal comfort level. To receive the most pleasure from your warming product, read your User Manual.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Blankets
Snuggling up with a cozy blanket and a cup of tea is a soothing escape from chilly weather, but you might need a little extra warmth on the frostiest days. An electric blanket provides comfort during winter’s harshest months. It’s also great for easing muscle aches, soothing stiff joints or just keeping nighttime shivers at bay.
Electric blankets used to be risky accessories. Older electric blankets used electric currents directly from your power outlets, creating a fire hazard. Most of them didn’t come equipped with auto shut-off timers, either. This made it nearly impossible to use around bedtime since they could overheat and burn you while you slept.
Newer electric blankets are much safer. They have transformers built into the blanket’s cord, lowering the voltage from the outlet before it gets to your blanket. Almost all models, including our four top picks, come with auto shut-off timers, so you can rest easy at night without worrying about fires or burns. Some models are even safer, as they utilize a special technology that uses a small power supply box to change your home’s electrical current into a low voltage DC current (similar to a battery current).
After you plug in an electric blanket, you can switch up the level of heat and the length of time you want to use it with handheld controls. Some electric blankets have an impressive range of 10 heat options. Other models also have another noteworthy feature. They sport dual controls that let you set two different levels of heat for each side of the bed, so your toastier half doesn’t sweat throughout the night.
The handheld controls come in different designs, too. Some heated blankets use a dial to help you click through their different heat settings, while others have a digital display with plus and minus buttons to set your heat level. Don’t forget to look for a blanket with a “preheat” option, so you won’t be shivering while you wait for it to warm up.
Once you turn on your blanket and choose your heat level, electricity flows through internal wires that run evenly throughout your blanket. Each model’s wires are a little bit different. Some models have extra-thin wires that are barely noticeable. The wires inside many of the electric blankets monitor temperature and auto-adjust throughout the night to maintain even warmth throughout your bedding.
Electric blankets come in an array of sizes and colors. Some are made from toasty fleece, while other blankets are covered in cozy micro flannel. Many models are also machine washable for easy care.
After you’ve decided which features are the most important in your hunt for the ideal electric blanket, you’ll be all set to curl up under your toasty new investment and keep winter chills at bay.
The Electric Blanket Buying Guide
- How far away is your bed from the nearest outlet? This determines the cord length you’ll need from your electric blanket. You can use almost any electric blanket if you have an outlet right next to your bed, but you’ll need something longer if your power outlet is located on a distant wall.
- What type of fabric do you prefer? Serta’s Reversible Sherpa Electric Throw Blanket is made from sturdy polyester, while other models use a flannel fleece material.
- How often do you see yourself using your electric blanket? If you live in a colder climate and want to snuggle up regularly, you might be willing to shell out more for a premium blanket. People in warmer climates who will only use their blanket occasionally should look at budget buys instead.
- Do you have any pets? It’s nice to have a four-legged friend curled up at your feet, but some pets might try nibbling your blanket’s cord. That can hurt your pet and damage your blanket. So you might want to consider closing your pets out of your bedroom if you want to sleep under your electric blanket.
- Do you have any medical conditions? Electric blankets might be risky for some people with chronic illnesses. For example, people with diabetes can develop a reduced sensitivity to heat, which makes it harder to tell if their blanket is getting too hot and causing irritation or burns. Individuals with chronic health conditions should check with their doctor before buying an electric blanket.
- Aside from keeping you nice and warm, heated blankets may also lower your electric bill. If you turn the heat in your home down a few degrees at night and rely on your electric blanket to fill the void, you could save a few bucks and lower your carbon footprint.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide