SLEEPLUX Bedtime Firm Blow Up Mattress
Last updated date: January 6, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Blow Up Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Blow Up Mattress you should buy.
Update as January 6, 2023:
Checkout The Best Blow Up Mattress for a detailed review of all the top blow up mattresses.
Available in twin, queen and king sizes, this blow up mattress is perfect for visiting guests. The built-in pump makes it a cinch to inflate, while the three durable layers provide just the right amount of support. As an added bonus, this model features a USB port.
In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the SLEEPLUX Bedtime Firm Blow Up Mattress placed 1st when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
GET A GOOD NIGHT’S REST: SleepLux’s queen air mattress is designed with proprietary I-Beam construction. Composed of 3 durable layers, this inflatable mattress will keep its form and stay firm throughout the whole night. SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION: Our airbeds promote healthy sleeping postures. A dense polyester mesh core is placed between two durable layers of PVC providing next-level back and shoulder support. INFLATES AND DEFLATES WITH ZERO EFFORT: The built-in pump quietly inflates the air mattress in just 5 minutes with just a single push of a button. It won’t lose air, so you don’t lose sleep. CHARGE YOUR PHONE: There’s a built-in USB port for convenient charging of electronics. No more struggling to find the nearest outlet! Charge your phone while you sleep with ease. EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Contents include 1 Queen Air Mattress with 76″ x 56″ top sleeping surface area with built-in pump and pillow, 1 storage bag for convenient storage and transportation, and 1 repair patch in case of an accidental puncture or rip. 1-YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: SleepLux stands behind the quality of our airbeds! We are happy to make it right if you experience any discomfort or displeasure with your purchase. CONTENTS: 1 air mattress, 1 storage bag, 1 repair patch. The weight capacity is 661 lbs (300 kg).
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Blow Up Mattresses
The ideal place to sleep each night is in a bed. If you’re camping out or have houseguests, though, that might not be an option. An air mattress can provide a great alternative to sleeping on the sofa or rolling out a thin pad for your sleeping bag.
If you tried air mattresses years ago and were disappointed with results, you might be surprised to learn that modern air mattresses are well worth a second look. Air mattresses have come a long way over the years, and new designs have corrected the issues they once had.
One of those issues was inflation. Now, you don’t have to invest in a pump or, worse, blow the air mattress up yourself. Many modern air mattresses have built-in pumps. Just plug the mattress in, press a button and wait for the mattress to reach its full height.
Another issue you may have encountered with old mattresses is deflation: You’d fall asleep with a fully-inflated air mattress, only to wake up in the morning on the floor. Anti-leak technology will ensure your mattress stays the way it started. Even with that, you may find that your mattress loses a small amount of air, but it won’t be enough to disrupt your sleep.
Older air mattresses were bare-bones, similar to sleeping on a pool float. You’d be surprised how much blow-up mattresses have improved on that front. You can find mattresses built with extra spine support if you have back issues. But you’ll also see some air mattresses that are longer and even have a lifted area to serve as a pillow for your head. Some have a finish on top that will provide extra softness to enhance the comfort of the fitted sheet you use to cover it.
The process of blowing up and deflating your mattress is also important. Not only should it have a built-in pump, but you need to be able to get it started fairly easily. Pay close attention to the length of time it takes to inflate. Today’s mattresses typically fill in just a couple of minutes. Deflation may take a little longer, but you can speed the process along by pressing on the mattress to push the air out.
The Blow Up Mattress Buying Guide
- Air mattresses come in a variety of sizes, just like regular mattresses. You can find them in twin, full, queen, king and California king sizes. Be sure you check the length before buying to guarantee your tallest visitors will be comfortable on it.
- Some air mattresses have more height than others. This likely won’t make a big difference, but you may prefer one that elevates you well above the ground.
- Punctures can be a problem with air mattresses. A PVC mattress will resist punctures and tears to give you years of use.
- Air mattresses can emit noise while inflating, which may be no big deal. But if you have children sleeping nearby, you’ll be grateful you chose a blow-up mattress that inflates quietly.
- When you first get your air mattress, inflate it and let it sit for a while. This will help you identify any leaks.
- Always inflate your air mattress to the full capacity. Deliberately sleeping on it while underinflated can create uneven wear on the mattress, reducing its durability.
- Before you set your air mattress up, conduct a quick inspection of the area beneath and surrounding it. Remove any sharp objects that could puncture the material.
- When sleeping outside, remove any sharp stones or sticks from the area before setting out your mattress, even if there will be a tent floor between your mattress and the ground.
- Although many air mattresses come with a bag for storage, it’s important to make sure your mattress is completely dry before storing it. Putting it away while wet could promote mold and mildew.
- Whether you’re indoors or outside, it’s important to avoid heat or flames. This is especially true with dangerous heat sources like campfires and space heaters.
- It can be tempting to skimp on bedding, but if you can, give your air mattress the same treatment as you would any other mattress. A mattress pad, fitted sheet, top sheet and blanket will not only provide more comfort, but they will offer cushioning that can protect your mattress against sharp objects, moisture, oils and other substances that will shorten its life.
- Air mattresses can collect dirt from the floor or, if you’re camping outside, the ground. Before you fold the mattress up and put it away, inflate it and clean it using a damp cloth and a small amount of dish soap. Rinse and allow it to dry completely before storing.
- Even if it’s dry and clean, your air mattress needs to be stored in a safe space. For best results, tuck it away in a temperature-controlled area where it won’t be exposed to extreme heat or cold. Try to avoid storing it in a place prone to moisture.
- If you don’t use your air mattress on a regular basis, you should pull it out and inflate it from time to time to make sure it still works. At the very minimum, inflate it at least a week or two before you plan to use it. That will give you a chance to purchase a replacement mattress if your old one has no more life in it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide