Skechers Suede Zip-Up Ankle Booties
Last updated: July 31, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Booties and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Booty you should buy.
The Skechers brand is known for its incredibly cozy footwear, and these cute ankle booties don’t disappoint. They have ergonomically-designed arches, low heels, side zippers, fur lining and air-cooled memory foam insoles.In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Skechers Suede Zip-Up Ankle Booties placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Skechers is an award-winning global leader in the lifestyle footwear industry that designs, develops, and markets lifestyle footwear that appeals to trend-savvy men, women and children. The company’s success stems from it’s high quality, diversified, and affordable product line that meets consumers’ various lifestyle needs. Since it’s inception in 1992, the Skechers diverse product offering has grown from utility style boots to include seven Skechers brands and five uniquely branded fashion lines for men and women.
Although combat boots have been massive these past few years, traditional ankle boots will never go out of style. They can have more of a western look or the Chelsea silhouette.
These booties have either pointed or rounded toes, low to high heels and natural leather, faux leather or suede. Zippers and stretchy side panels will make them easier to wear, and some may or may not have loops on the back as well.
Because many people consider the narrowest part of the leg the most flattering spot, these boots have different heights. If the bootie stops at a wide part of the leg, it can make the leg look wider.
Shorter ankle heights make the legs look shorter but great with tight-fitting, long pants and jeans. Taller ones can elongate the legs and look lovely with cropped pants.
The circumference of the top of the boot also makes a difference. If it is wider, your ankle will look slimmer. However, wider booties make slim ankles look narrower, which might look awkward and be uncomfortable. However, the latter is better if you want to tuck the hems of your pants into the bootie.
Flat heels can also shorten your profile, so if you want height, go for booties that are at least 1 1/2 inches high. These don’t have to be uncomfortable, though! Look for chunky heels, platforms and cushiony insoles.
- Rolled-up cuffs look good with booties, but don’t overdo it: nothing more than an inch wide, please.
- There’s nothing wrong with a gap between the top of your booties and the hem of your pants. Either leave it open or wear solid or patterned socks or tights.
- For your own safety, choose booties that have non-skid soles. No one wants to fall and get hurt.
- Structured booties can provide more support, especially if you plan to be on your feet all day. Comfort insoles and softer materials feel great but might not be designed for all-day wear unless they have arch support and sturdy soles.
- Try to check your booties once a week to see if they have any stains, and clean as needed.