Singtrix Karaoke Machine
Last updated date: February 11, 2019
Review Melt Score
Why Trust The Review Melt Score?
Review Melt is the #1 product review aggregator. Our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then "melt" them into one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Karaoke Machines and dug through the reviews from 7 of the most popular review sites including Top Ten Reviews, Armchair Empire, Karaoke For All, Elite DC Mag, Play. Party. Plan, Karaoke Machine Queen and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Karaoke Machine you should buy.
For those who play an instrument, the Singtrix's option to connect a guitar makes it worth considering. You can connect to an app that will give you access to extra songs, but you can get plenty of songs for free on sites like YouTube. It also comes with a stand to set your tablet or smartphone on while you're singing. In our analysis of 64 expert reviews, the Singtrix Singtrix Karaoke Machine placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 16, 2019:
Checkout The Best Karaoke Machine for a detailed review of all the top karaoke machines.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Featured on SharkTank, Ellen and The View: Singtrix is the world’s only plug-and-play karaoke system that uses studio quality vocal effects designed to make "bad singers sound good and good singers sound amazing!" Sing in-tune to your favorite hits with confidence. Just plug into the headphone output of your mobile device or computer and start singing. Singtrix will tune your voice to the music track and add studio quality effects such as 4-part harmony or choir, reverb, delay and so much more. Singtrix Highlights: The simple plug and play system is powered by patented state-of-the-art professional live vocal effects technology… No need to pay for music content since it was designed to work with the thousands of FREE YouTube Karaoke videos available on line… Works with your existing mp3 music, apps and more… Voice-cancellation option creates karaoke tracks on-the-fly from standard songs… The entire Singtrix system including Studio Effects Console, Mic and 2.1 Speaker are specifically tuned and designed to provide studio quality sound making singing experience exciting, fun and transformative… For all skill levels from beginner to pro… Works with instruments in place of karaoke tracks, tuning your voice to chords played on your guitar or keyboard… The natural tuning effects act like training wheels for your voice and can help improve your singing… Ultra-responsive and dynamic, facilitating proper singing technique… Reduces vocal fatigue and strain, making singing effortless for longer practice sessions. Nothing Compares: Other karaoke systems are glorified speakers with mics… Typical low-end systems are cheap, have poor sound quality, low volume, not loud enough for large parties, break easily, requires expensive karaoke discs for music, low quality mic and speaker, do not offer vocal enhancement… Typical high-end systems with louder speakers are expensive, do not offer vocal enhancement, have complicated interfaces, and require expensive karaoke music content.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Karaoke Machines
Few things can spice up a party like a couple of hours of karaoke. Even if you can’t carry a tune, firing up some lyrics and music and singing into a microphone can be a great way to get everyone laughing and cheering. At one time, karaoke meant heading out to a local bar or renting a pricey machine from a local party supply company. While you can still do either of those things, you can now buy in-home karaoke machines for the same price you’d pay to rent a karaoke setup for one night.
Before you buy, though, there are a few things to consider. If you’re just looking for a machine you’ll use occasionally to have fun with friends, you may come into it with different needs than someone who enjoys singing and wants features like being able to record and plug in an instrument. Many parents also invest in karaoke machines for their children, and there are machines that are more ideal for that purpose.
You may not think about it initially, but song selection is one of the most important features in a karaoke machine. Over time, you’ll grow tired of the songs that come with the machine and want to grab a few new ones. Some machines make it easy to link up to the many free karaoke videos available on sites like YouTube. Other machines provide access to an app where you can get more songs, although this feature isn’t always free. Pay close attention to this functionality before you buy.
Your karaoke machine will rely heavily on a microphone, which plugs into the device itself. Some machines let you use only one microphone at a time, which can make duets a little tricky. You can hand the microphone back and forth while you sing, but there are machines that offer two microphones. Even if you think you’ll never have a duet, it might come in handy to have that second microphone for a party you may throw a couple of years from now.
Review Melt Fun Fact
Karaoke has an interesting history, starting with the fact that the word means “empty orchestra” in Japanese. It all began in 1971 in the Japanese town of Kobe, where a drummer named Daisuke Inoue came up with a way to let his clients sing along to his music. Unfortunately, Inoue never patented his invention, although vocal-free singalongs had been around for a while when he came up with his own spin on it. In 1975, a Filipino entrepreneur named Roberto del Rosario filed the first patent for the concept. Over time, karaoke went global. To this day, it remains a staple of nighttime entertainment and, now, at-home parties everywhere.
The Karaoke Machine Buying Guide
- One important thing to pay close attention to as you’re shopping is whether or not your machine includes a screen. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to link up to an app or use a site like YouTube to get your songs. The Karaoke USA Karaoke Machine is a full-feature system that includes a 7-inch thin-film-transistor screen. The Singing Machine Karaoke Machine has RCA cables that you can use to connect to your own TV screen.
- Sound is one of the most important features in a karaoke machine. The Memorex Karaoke Machine has pretty good sound quality, but many of these machines can suffer from distortion as you push the volume to its limits. With the Karaoke USA Karaoke Machine, you can adjust the bass and treble to your own preferences.
- If you’re looking for a machine that will help you hone your own singing ability, the Singtrix Karaoke Machine is worth considering. You can plug a guitar into it and even use autotune as you hone your talent. You can also plug an instrument into the Memorex Karaoke Machine.
- The Karaoke USA and Singing Machine karaoke machines let you record your singing sessions for later playback.
- If you’re buying a device for the children in your life, both the Memorex and the Singing Machine karaoke machines fit the bill. They’re both easy to set up, and the Memorex is very sturdy.
- Over time, you’ll grow tired of the songs that came with the unit. For that reason, it’s important to consider song availability. The Singtrix Karaoke Machine has an app that promises access to a library of songs, along with a monthly subscription-based membership to expand to more.
- With any of these machines, you can easily find music on sites like YouTube for free, so you’ll need to simply look for a machine that lets you pull songs from online. The Karaoke USA and Singtrix, Memorex and Singing Machine all promise easy connection to your mobile device, with the Karaoke USA, Memorex and Singing Machine connecting via Bluetooth.