SINGER High Temp Glue Gun
Last updated date: April 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hot Glue Applicators and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hot Glue Applicator you should buy.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the SINGER SINGER High Temp Glue Gun placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hot Glue Applicator for a detailed review of all the top hot glue applicators.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The SINGER High Temperature Glue Gun is compact in size but big on abilities. The handheld high-temp glue gun can be used to easily secure small craft and sewing fabrics as well as modify or repair plastic toys and models, furniture, woodwork and metals. Easy to load and hold, the hot glue gun holds 5/16-inch by 4-inch glue sticks. Hot glue will bond wood, plastic, ceramics, glass, fabric, vinyl, tile, leather, foam and canvas. 10 hot glue sticks come in this package.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hot Glue Applicators
Glue applicators are extremely versatile. You can use them in hundreds of different craft projects, to mend broken items around the home and even to hem a pair of pants. If you don’t currently own a glue applicator or you find yourself in need of a replacement, consider how often you intend on using the device and what you want it to be capable of doing before you make a purchase decision.
Not all glue applicators are capable of bonding together every type of material. Your basic glue applicator will work on paper, plastic and certain fabrics, but you’ll need a more heavy-duty glue applicator for other projects. The AdTech Mini Hot Glue Gun Combo Pack is a great choice, as it also works on metal, ceramic and wood.
DWYM Fun Fact
Glue is an adhesive that holds things together. There are actually several natural substances that our ancestors used before the traditional glue we use today was invented. Birchbark tar, for example, was used to attach the blade of a spear to its handle and to keep stones together. Ancient Egyptians also used a glue derived from animals to seal the casket of Pharaoh Tutankhamun.
Today, glue is so popular that the average American uses 40 pounds of it each year. It’s even forecasted that an astounding $50 billion will be spent on glue alone in the year 2020.
The Hot Glue Applicator Buying Guide
- Make sure you protect your counter or kitchen table from the glue that drips out of the glue applicator in between uses.
- Most glue applicators lack an on/off switch, which means you’ll need to unplug the glue gun as soon as you’re finished using it.
- Be prepared to give the glue applicator time to fully cool down before you put it away.
- Craft glue applicators are not ideal for heavy-duty woodworking jobs. A stronger glue is needed to bond furniture and similar items.
- As you compare prices for the available glue applicators on the market, don’t forget to take into consideration the construction materials, safety certifications and added bonuses. The TOPELEK Mini Hot Glue Gun Kit and the AdTech Mini Hot Glue Gun Combo Pack are the most affordable, as they are basic in design and don’t hold any special certifications. The Cobiz Dual Power Hot Glue Gun Kit and the Chandler Tool Full Size Hot Glue Gun, on the other hand, are able to command a higher price thanks to their unique features and UL certifications.